Technically possible but probably won't happen scenario where Bills lose out and still make playoffs

ImpactCorey

46 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Cleveland is either winning the Division or the #5 seed.

Just a general comment:  You guys are driving yourself nuts with all the scenarios.  

Let me simplify this. 

Say Baltimore beats Miami.  

If the Bengals don’t beat the Chiefs - and we split our last 2.  

We ain’t getting in unless we beat Miami.  Because the Bengals will be playing a Cleveland team with nothing to play for week 18.  They’ll rest everyone.  

Does that sound like 97 percent to anyone?  

Edited by Big Blitz

40 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Let me simplify this.  

Does that sound like 97 percent to anyone?  

If everything happens the way you said, Bengals win out and Ravens win, and the Bills lose to the Dolphins and beat NE...............................

70% chance to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

100% of the focus needs to be on beating the Pats.  We lost to them once and they are playing better with Zappe at QB, and they still have some good players on defense.  They went into Denver and won last week.  I still think the Bills will be ready and will take care of business.  I'm not going to drive myself crazy thinking about playoff scenarios until after Sunday's games.  Go Bills (and go Ravens).

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

Yea I can’t see Mahomes losing at home to Jake Browning a week after losing at home to Adrian McConnell…

The Bengals are well aware of the scenarios I just listed now.  This is THE game for them and I bet they’ll feel good about their chances to sneak in. 

Thus giving them more to play for than the Chiefs.  Who will lock up the division and 3 seed next week.  

Does a lot have to happen?  Absolutely.  But none of it is too far fetched at all. 

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Bengals are well aware of the scenarios I just listed now.  This is THE game for them and I bet they’ll feel good about their chances to sneak in. 

Thus giving them more to play for than the Chiefs.  Who will lock up the division and 3 seed next week.  

Does a lot have to happen?  Absolutely.  But none of it is too far fetched at all. 

The Chiefs still can lose the division.  Heck they can still miss the playoffs!  If either the Broncos or Raiders win Sunday...................

If BOTH Raiders and Broncos win (who play each other Week #18) the Chiefs lose the division with a lost to the Chargers in LA.

No one is taking games in Week #17 for granted.  Just sit back and enjoy the football action!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.