Chiefs WR Justyn Ross suspended 6 games, but back with the team Monday?

Beck Water

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Was he charged? If so that’s why he went on the exempt list. I remember reading that Roger wasn’t  going to put von on the list until/unless he got charged

Yes, he was charged.  In November he made a deal to misdemeanor "disturbing the peace", pled guilty, and was sentenced to a diversion program for 1st timers.

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Yes, he was charged.  In November he made a deal to misdemeanor "disturbing the peace", pled guilty, and was sentenced to a diversion program for 1st timers.

I guess Roger needs more 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-reportedly-wont-place-von-miller-on-paid-leave-unless-hes-formally-charged

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just to be clear, in the post you're following up where I said "yes he was charged:, I was talking about Justyn Ross.

Re: Von Miller: Did I mishear, or did Beane say something to the effect "I think this case is going to be open for a while"?

The prosecutor has a doozy - 911 call, any police statements or evidence, victim statements at the time, now alleged victim allegedly recanting and saying there was no assault, it's just a big misunderstanding, and an alleged perpetrator who is wealthy and high profile.

It's A Lot.

I don't think the NFL is intentionally treating low- and high-profile players differently, but if they're taking the stance "no charges" = "no exempt list", since high-profile players typically have more $$ thus access to better attorneys and therefore, prosecutors may be more reluctant to just charge them, it effectively seems that way.

Edited by Beck Water

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Just to be clear, in the post you're following up where I said "yes he was charged:, I was talking about Justyn Ross.

Re: Von Miller: Did I mishear, or did Beane say something to the effect "I think this case is going to be open for a while"?

The prosecutor has a doozy - 911 call, any police statements or evidence, victim statements at the time, now alleged victim allegedly recanting and saying there was no assault, it's just a big misunderstanding, and an alleged perpetrator who is wealthy and high profile.

It's A Lot.

I don't think the NFL is intentionally treating low- and high-profile players differently, but if they're taking the stance "no charges" = "no exempt list", since high-profile players typically have more $$ thus access to better attorneys and therefore, prosecutors may be more reluctant to just charge them, it effectively seems that way.

Oh ok I was replying to someone saying von was charged. It’s all pretty muddy to me to be honest. 

I was only half listening to Beane the other day but from what I heard  he made it sound  like he expected miller to not be formally charged based on his info he’s getting right now  from the league office 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would expect Von and his Baby Momma' to be able to avoid charges by saying she made the story up because of pregnancy hormones and that she got in his face and he just restrained her.     

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.