Packers @ Lions Today 12:30pm Fox

HOUSE

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

You're down 15 and need two TD's with 5 minutes left.

If you try the 2ptconversion on the 2nd TD that you score and don't get it, then the game is over and you can't do anything about it with so little time now on the clock.

But if you try it on the 1st TD that you score and don't get it, then you know you're still down two scores and can now play the rest of the game accordingly.

It's admittedly more of a factor with 3-4 minutes left than it was today with 2 minutes left, but that's the way coaches are playing it now.

If you find out earlier that it's going to take a FG in addition to the two TDs, theoretically you still have time to quicken your pace or use your TO's earlier than you would have, in order to at least give yourself a chance at an extra possession. If you don't find out until later that you need another possession, there might only be :20 left and now it's too late to do anything about it.

Agreed most of the time, but when they scored there was 1 minute left, not even two. So, if they failed, they were down two scores with less than a minute. I’m talking about this particular situation not the new “go for two when down by 14” all the cool kids are doing. This one was just math. 

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Agreed most of the time, but when they scored there was 1 minute left, not even two. So, if they failed, they were down two scores with less than a minute. I’m talking about this particular situation not the new “go for two when down by 14” all the cool kids are doing. This one was just math. 

I wasn't watching at the time so I'd guess that it was more of an auto-response and Coach was just doing what he's got himself trained to do when down 9 late. 🤷‍♂️

At that point it's probably irrelevant which way you play it; just tell somebody to go start a fight and see if you can turn it into a circus and take advantage of the chaos. :D

• Agree 1

Just getting on here as I was engulfed in family today.  It was a blast as badly as these two games were today.  I’m hopeful for a better nightcap with Seattle/SF.

As far this early game, I was a bit surprised GB played pretty well, amd Love as erratic as he was earlier in the season, he had a decent game today.  I thought Detroit was going to commandingly beat the Packs.

The Cowgirls game was pretty much unwatchable.  They stayed in it for awhile, but then just destroyed the abysmal Redskins (sorry I just can’t call them Commanders). Just pick any new name after this year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.