Week 11 - Buy, Sell, Hold - New Jersey II Edition

boyst

Same as always, folks. This is nothing more than an exercise in how you see this week or the trend we are in and it is not a true endorsement of the overall player. If you are buying a player it could be that his value is at a low and you think they'll improve this week or soon. If you are selling it could mean they're hot garbage and you're done just as much as it could be that they are at an all time high and you want to cash out. To hold a player is just like a stock. it is not up, it is not down and maybe you bought into them/it at the right time and want to see what plays out.

There is no continuity with this. It is entirely abstract. You can pick a player, coach, position, group, even a team or options on other teams.

Buy: Bernard. i believe in him.

Sell 1A: Buffalo media covering the Bils. they're not digging into this at all. they're not opening up all of the windows and doors to the ongoing situation with the team. if i know stuff behind closed doors you cannot convince me that the media does not either.

Sell 1B: Murray. benching cook was BS. McDermott rewarding him with playing time because of his team meeting and the likely "process" vibe he carries was just sad.

Hold: Rapp. he is our most consistent DB at this time. the rest are meddling, middling.

• Like (+1) 1

Disagree on selling Murray.

Cook should not have been benched, but Murray & Cook were both effective running. If anything, seeing occasional 2 back sets with both of them would be a nice wrinkle for the team to add. When both guys are a threat to run or catch it makes the offense less predictable. 

Murray had 9 carries for 68 yards and Cook 12 for 102. If they had just run the ball more they would have won the game easily.

• Agree 3

Buying Kincaid - kid is legit

buying the unsung hero’s of the d line - Oliver I owe an apology to dude is unreal and I’m glad I was wrong

AJE has been great

groot I know people are down on him but another big play this week kid is coming along even with an injury 

They invested a ton on defense yes I agree - but I do see sprouts - probably should have been more and sooner I know but the sprouts of spring are there.

cs t believe I’m saying this but

im selling Josh Allen

in this form.  Dude is checked out - he’s annoyed - and I don’t think it was because of Dorsey 

I do NOT think he is buying the coaches at all.  Brady was a scape goat and I’d I see the same long face and face of displeasure I have seen  i know I’m right and McDermott has lost his star qb 

it’s obvious I’m selling this Allen 

holding my judgment on the defense becuase I feel they have been playing admirably actually given the circumstances

9 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

sell everyone

buy no one

hold irrelevant

Douglas is a nice acquisition, Kincaid has started to embrace the role we envisioned in training camp, Joseph has contributed already. There are players which can be a part of the retool

• Like (+1) 1

Buy:

I'll say it. Buying Joe Brady. Why? Well, I'm the world of stock scooping up stocks that currently have extremely low value is a good risk at times. I do not figure there will be huge waves of improvement right away. But buy low/sell high is a good practice.

For this week's game specifically, Ken Dorsey had 3 games as OC against the Jets and the Bills lost 2 (to a Zach Wilson led team) and were pretty unproductive in the win. Perhaps Brady will provide something different.

Sell:

Coach Smiley. While Dorsey was canned (and with reasonable cause) I believe Smiley has been so much worse. From the opening week Punt Return TD to Denver's Mims winning ST player of the week last week against us...this ST is poor on almost every level. We even saw the always reliable Bass have a mini slump. 

Hold:

Linval Joseph and Leonard Fournette. As we should. However, if we lose this week I'm actually hoping the Bills would do the right thing and offer these 2 a release so they could chase their rings. They came here to join a contender and if we lose again it would be 3 straight losses since they joined. We can lose without them, but allowing them to move on would be a classy move.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.