We just can't win the close ones

Success

And it's really what separates us from the top teams.

This Bills team hasn't gotten blown out this year.  Every loss was 1 score from being a win.  And even when the offense has been clutch and pulled out the late score (last night, the Pats), the defense crumbles and gives up the 2-minute drive for the loss.

Even the close games we won this year, we came thisclose to losing - PI should have been called in the Giants game, and if Godwin turns around, that's a hail mary for the win in the Bucs game.

It's coaching, but I think it's also becoming psychological.  We thought 13 seconds was the start of something - but it might have broken this team.  If it's seeping into my head every time it's close at the end, it's probably seeping into other heads out there, and it's likely in the back of the players' minds.  

It's almost a feeling of, 'how are we going to lose this one?  What new, creative and gut-wrenching way will we find to get the L?'

• Agree 1

On the flip side the Steelers seem to get dominated statistically every week. They are losing for long stretches during the course of the game. Then in the 4th quarter they pull out a win and win close games all the time. They are the opposite of the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Yup.  Russ was pretty masterful on that final drive.  He did not throw any passes in harms way.  Everything was very conservative and safe.. until that final moon ball to avoid the blitz.  That was a 50/50 ball and our guy completely botched it...of course.

I'm sure Diggs and Allen think about how many times they leave the field with a lead (win), and end up losing.  Our D balls out but they are terrible closers.

"winning the close ones" is a laughable way to put it with losses against bottom feeding teams like the Broncos and Jets when we had to do just that and pull last second miracles required to win against even worse teams in the Giants and Patriots and even the Bucs.

This team is just nowhere close to good. It's that simple. They aren't great at anything.

The officials always screw the Bills when it’s a close game...that PI penalty was just a horrible bailout call.

Then the Broncos miss the FG, and I’m screaming at my TV “The ball don’t lie, baby!!! You didn’t deserve it!!!”, only to see that the Bills screwed themselves by having 12 men on the field.....unbelievable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.