Fire McDermott - 12 On the Field INEXCUSABLE

WEATHER DOT COM

16 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

So not sure if the final moments have been detailed in this thread, but I just rewatched it.

The 12 man debacle was just mind blowing, as the Bills had just used TWO timeouts (After the PI on Johnson was called, the Bills called TOs after Denver’s 1st down and 2nd down kneel downs by Wilson). So they obviously knew the FG was coming up very soon, and they had plenty of time during the two TOs to “get their ducks in a row”, yet they didn’t.

Seems obvious to me that one player may have screwed up big time. I assume that the FG defensive unit is always the same 11 guys, so unless one of those guys was injured, who was the 12th guy who shouldn’t have been out there? After Wilson did the kneel down on 3rd down (that play started with :24 left), the Broncos had to run their FG team out there (as the clock was running) and the Bills ran at least FIVE guys from the sideline out there. There really wasn’t time for a Bills defensive Capt to do a head count at that point; and it wouldn’t have mattered anyway because they couldn't call a TO, and there wouldn’t have been enough time for the 12th man to run off the field.

Bottom line is that during those two TOs everything should have been planned out as to who was going to be out there for the FG. Hell, the FG defensive unit should have been put out there on 3rd down.

So who's responsible for ensuring that the proper players are out there?  IMO, McClappy blew it.   It didn't matter what 11 personnel were out the for the three consecutive kneel downs.  He should have taken the dime package out immediately after the PI call.

This is typical McClappy game mismanagement. 

Personally,  I think he looks like a total clown 🤡 by firing Dorsey and not accepting responsibility for his own actions.   Hello...  he could have fired the ST coordinator and not have lost as much respect instead of the option he has chosen. 

Jeff Saturday has flamed him about this and I don't think he is wrong.

There's an article in today's Buffalo News implicating Leonard Floyd as the guilty party.  Some wag in the comments suggested it's the continuing fallout from jet lag. 😁

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills-notebook-leonard-floyd-got-stuck-on-field-for-missed-field-goal-try/article_ced9d45e-8405-11ee-9b69-372b0570138b.html#tracking-source=mp-homepage

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.