Pistons march onward

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They must still be in the kitchen, cause they sure could stand the Heat!

The power of the Plastic Cup continues.  I hope BF enjoyed the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3670266

353003[/snapback]

Why are the teams with no superstars so dominant in pro sports now adays.

Devils, Pats, Pistons.. all of these are teams that have just dominated their sport in recent years and none have any uber super stars of note.

they play sound fundamental games. it hasn't been unusual for the pistons to have under 10 to's in a game(0 in one half). they complement each other, and they have good coaches that are able to coach a team concept

Devils, Pats, Pistons.. all of these are teams that have just dominated their sport in recent years and none have any uber super stars of note.

353006[/snapback]

353006[/snapback]

Actually, each do but all are willing to put aside their egos for the betterment of the team.

Elias, Gomez, Niedermeyer, and Brodeur are all in the top 10% at their positions.

The same can be said for Bruschi, Seymour, Harrison, and Brady.

Likewise Billups (VERY underrated), Hamilton, and both Wallaces. They may not be superstars in the traditional sense of the word but they'd be much different players on other teams.

Pistons played like champs.

And whats this about no superstars ? Rasheed Wallace not a superstar ?

Rip played awesome all series. The underdogs won - beating shaq. You have to root for them. No one can cover shaq, and he just backs his way into every player, shoves a bit, throws a hook around (hook meaning arm hook, not hook shot) and shoots and scores. This is good for the NBA.

Pistons played like champs.

And whats this about no superstars ? Rasheed Wallace not a superstar ?

Rip played awesome all series. The underdogs won - beating shaq. You have to root for them. No one can cover shaq, and he just backs his way into every player, shoves a bit, throws a hook around (hook meaning arm hook, not hook shot) and shoots and scores. This is good for the NBA.

353020[/snapback]

Good thing for the Pistons Shaq and Wade weren't healthy. As far as it being good for the NBA, not really.

Good thing for the Pistons Shaq and Wade weren't healthy.  As far as it being good for the NBA, not really.

353034[/snapback]

Bingo.

The Pistons played well, but if you make Ben Wallace play on one leg and Rip Hamilton unable to take two steps without searing pain, I'm pretty sure the series goes the other way.

Bingo.

The Pistons played well, but if you make Ben Wallace play on one leg and Rip Hamilton unable to take two steps without searing pain, I'm pretty sure the series goes the other way.

353039[/snapback]

there are those excuses you boys were fishing for.......BF not required.......

there are those excuses you boys were fishing for.......BF not required.......

353043[/snapback]

I could care less who won the series, unlike last year when I rooted hard for Detroit to beat LA mostly because I hated Kobe. This time I had no attachment to either team. It was just obvious that one team was healthy and the other team wasn't even close to healthy. And still the series went seven. You do the math.

And if you're looking for excuses, how about Sheed blaming the NBA and the refs for the fact that the series went seven in the first place?

Actually, each do but all are willing to put aside their egos for the betterment of the team.

Elias, Gomez, Niedermeyer, and Brodeur are all in the top 10% at their positions.

The same can be said for Bruschi, Seymour, Harrison, and Brady.

Likewise Billups (VERY underrated), Hamilton, and both Wallaces.  They may not be superstars in the traditional sense of the word but they'd be much different players on other teams.

353009[/snapback]

Brady isnt in the top 10%. He's not even good. The mans defense and coach win a few measly playoff games for him and all you people start thinking he knows how to play.

excuses or not, its the truth...

353047[/snapback]

pats haven't had injuries in their playoff runs?? of course they did, and they overcame them.......heat couldn't and they lost to the better team.....

bottom line -- winners win

pats haven't had injuries in their playoff runs?? of course they did, and they overcame them.......heat couldn't and they lost to the better team.....

bottom line -- winners win

353059[/snapback]

Show me where the Pats lost by far their two best players, who also happened to be two of the five or six best players in the NFL, during any of their SB runs and I'll accept the analogy.