why do trumpers want autocracy

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Yes, famously Paul Vallas and Brandon Johnson are exactly the same and that’s why nobody cared about Chicago’s mayoral election and it didn’t get any national coverage and definitely wasn’t talked about here. 

You are actually arguing the Chicago teacher union head is the conservative leader of the big city Dems? Tell me what Vallas said that I or other conservatives  would agree with?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So, what's the term for Autocracy. Where the Authoritarians worship the state as a god, not some old religion?

Cause that's where the DNC is right now.

Most if not all Democrats do not worship the state as if it were infallible.  Rather, it's that they tend to have faith in democratic government when it represents and serves the needs and interests of its citizenry.  

Autocracy by definition is rule by autocrats, a small, elite group that serve their own needs at the expense of the rest of the citizenry.  Autocrats maintain their power with openly overt coercion, not subversive Big Brother ideology.  

Conflating being pro-government with being autocratic is an incredible false equivalency, and a pathetically simple-minded one at that.

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

On 11/5/2023 at 12:08 AM, reddogblitz said:

Enough with the David and Goliath analogy.

Neither side has clean hands. Both are victims and victimizers.

Why do you think Israel has check points etc? Just to be mean?  Why did they build the Iron Dome missile defense system and have bomb shelters for its citizens?  Did the Munich Massacre, airplane hijacking, bus bombings, discotecque bombings, .. have anything to do with how Israel treats Palestine?

Of course The Catastrophe was also brutal and mean. The settlements in the Green Zone are not helping things either.

I don't know what the answer is but I'm sure as heck not siding with the duly elected terrorist leadership like you seem to be.

I'm not really siding with either side cuz it's not like a football game where I'm siding with the good guys (Buffalo Bills).

Allah says if you are being oppressed, kill the oppressors. Ok.  But they've been trying this strategy of terrorism for 60+ years and they always lose and their citizens pay the price cuz Isreal is way stronger than them.  It is trying the same strategy and expecting different results.

When is enough enough?  Seems never.   It takes 2 to tango.

Doesn't appear Hamas is in the international conversation to survive.  That's good.  I've heard the Palestinian "authority" mentioned several times as successors.  Sounds good.  But this country was set up by clearly self serving nations as a proxy in the middle east or at least it has become one.  Why not give them a woeful US state or an Island off England back then.  Think about why...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Doesn't appear Hamas is in the international conversation to survive.  That's good.  I've heard the Palestinian "authority" mentioned several times as successors.  Sounds good.  But this country was set up by clearly self serving nations as a proxy in the middle east or at least it has become one.  Why not give them a woeful US state or an Island off England back then.  Think about why...

Perhaps it was at least in part because of 6,000,000 Jews having just been killed in the Holocaust?  The western world felt guilty about it.  I haven't really researched that aspect of it.  There was a lot of fighting between Jews and Palestinians and Great Britain couldn't control it so they dumped it.  I don't know, the past is a foreign country. They do things differently there.

You're big on giving them a state, why not Virginia?

Why do you think they did what they did?

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Capco said:

Most if not all Democrats do not worship the state as if it were infallible.  Rather, it's that they tend to have faith in democratic government when it represents and serves the needs and interests of its citizenry.  

Autocracy by definition is rule by autocrats, a small, elite group that serve their own needs at the expense of the rest of the citizenry.  Autocrats maintain their power with openly overt coercion, not subversive Big Brother ideology.  

Conflating being pro-government with being autocratic is an incredible false equivalency, and a pathetically simple-minded one at that.

Political spending in the 2020 election totaled $14.4 billion, more than doubling the total cost of the record-breaking 2016 presidential election cycle.

That’s according to OpenSecrets’ analysis of Federal Election Commission filings. OpenSecrets previously estimated that the 2020 election would cost around $14 billion. The extraordinary spending figure makes the 2020 election the most expensive of all time by a large margin.

http://Political spending in the 2020 election totaled $14.4 billion, more than doubling the total cost of the record-breaking 2016 presidential election cycle. That’s according to OpenSecrets’ analysis of Federal Election Commission filings. OpenSecrets previously estimated that the 2020 election would cost around $14 billion. The extraordinary spending figure makes the 2020 election the most expensive of all time by a large margin.

Not democracy.  

Its that very small elite group.

and why they work for them, not us.

but keep thinking they do represent and work for you.  

thats just silly on your part.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Political spending in the 2020 election totaled $14.4 billion, more than doubling the total cost of the record-breaking 2016 presidential election cycle.

That’s according to OpenSecrets’ analysis of Federal Election Commission filings. OpenSecrets previously estimated that the 2020 election would cost around $14 billion. The extraordinary spending figure makes the 2020 election the most expensive of all time by a large margin.

http://Political spending in the 2020 election totaled $14.4 billion, more than doubling the total cost of the record-breaking 2016 presidential election cycle. That’s according to OpenSecrets’ analysis of Federal Election Commission filings. OpenSecrets previously estimated that the 2020 election would cost around $14 billion. The extraordinary spending figure makes the 2020 election the most expensive of all time by a large margin.

Not democracy.  

How much did the NRA spend? 

• Eyeroll 1

LOL sourcing Sheldon Whitehouse and mother jones.

Wont get into what side of that narrative wants to remove Americans rights.

but either way insane money in politics only keeps tools as the choice.

And no one without the backing of crust money will get a voice 

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yup, they want to flood the country with guns to create violence and then say we need more gun$$$$$

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

And no one without the backing of crust money will get heard.

Oh, I'm sorry, do you want me to find another source or do they all disrupt your narrative?

idiots

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, they want to flood the country with guns to create violence and then say we need more gun$$$$$

When one has Billionaire funded groups trying to infringe.  

http://Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Still waiting on you to give the logistics of how the state would get them.  you guys always go quiet when that part gets asked.

the Oxford comma.

But again, great job pointing to where Highly funded packs are pushing wedge topics and driving political narratives. 

8 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Not democracy.  

There's a reason why I used the qualifier "when" in my second sentence.  The government doesn't always represent the citizenry at large because the government isn't infallible.  

People who are support democratic government believe it's better to get government to represent and work for them again than to downsize and eliminate government.  That is not anything close to autocracy.  

Additionally, the figure you offered is total spending on both parties.  So how does that support your claim of autocracy squarely falling on the Democrats?  It's not like the Republicans are the party of the common person and don't get disproportionately enormous donations from corporations and big businesses.

I completely hear you when you say this country doesn't represent the average citizen as much as it represents a small elite group.  I see it too.  But you completely lose me when you try to make it sound like the Democrats have an exclusive monopoly on autocracy and oligarchy.  

This ultimately isn't a partisan issue.  It's a "haves and the have-nots" issue.  Reducing this to a partisan issue is not only ingenuine, it keeps one half of the have-nots at odds with the other half.  

Kinda like we are doing rn lol.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

And no one without the backing of crust money will get a voice 

That’s rich
redstate.com total joke