I’m sick of the defensive timeouts…

eball

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don’t know if you read the article, but there is literally a quote in there saying:

“McDermott and Dorsey have both admitted that the head coach is getting his fingers on the game plan in the offense”

Yea. On the gameplan. I don't doubt that at all. But I don't think he is there up 14 in the 4th saying to Dorsey "keep everything safe short of the sticks". 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. On the gameplan. I don't doubt that at all. But I don't think he is there up 14 in the 4th saying to Dorsey "keep everything safe short of the sticks". 

No, and I've never heard of a coach doing what you said, they are however giving support to making very safe calls and playing the game much differently than what got them the lead and trying to put the team away. And, what he's especially saying is to punt the ball on 4 and 2 and fourth and 1. It's very obvious they took gas pedal pressure off and were going to coast and play it safe making the other team drive further.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, White Linen said:

Let's distinguish your opinions aren't facts, yet you expect everyone to accept them as such.  You've been excellent at draft analysis and have had some fantastic contributions to this forum.   That's gone to your head and you think everything you say is with complete accuracy and can't be challenged.  

Great Post! The only part that is questionable is the excellent at draft analysis, yes to contributions to the forum without the pomposity and arrogance.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he is there up 14 in the 4th saying to Dorsey "keep everything safe short of the sticks". 

And the tape proves he is not. 

We are still running 10 and 11 personnel with Diggs running posts and fly's in the 4th quarter up 14 points.

The offense never took their foot off the gas until the last drive when we ran 3 times to burn clock.

go.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What I do when I am challenged is engage in debate. What I don't do is make it personal.

Every time any of us responds to an individual poster it's personal.  You insult people and try to make them look bad.  I'm just merely calling you out on it, hoping you'll just get back to posting,  what I would consider quality posts.  Just take the arrogance out.  Obviously up to you to post how you want. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ok so you agree he’s in on the game plan.

The game plan definitely changed the last 25 minutes or so, agreed?

So why do you feel like he wasn’t in on that part of the game plan when things were obviously more conservative?

If it were up to Dorsey, I’m sure he would want to keep attacking as he’s the OC and he wants to put up as many points as possible 

19 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Every time any of us responds to an individual poster it's personal.  You insult people and try to make them look bad.  I'm just merely calling you out on it, hoping you'll just get back to posting,  what I would consider quality posts.  Just take the arrogance out.  Obviously up to you to post how you want. 

I don't try and make people look bad. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ok so you agree he’s in on the game plan.

The game plan definitely changed the last 25 minutes or so, agreed?

So why do you feel like he wasn’t in on that part of the game plan when things were obviously more conservative?

If it were up to Dorsey, I’m sure he would want to keep attacking as he’s the OC and he wants to put up as many points as possible 

I think it was just a difference in playcalling. But actually looking at the evidence above from @Einstein there were still plays there to be made beyond the sticks. We just didn't make them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't try and make people look bad. 

I think it was just a difference in playcalling. But actually looking at the evidence above from @Einstein there were still plays there to be made beyond the sticks. We just didn't make them. 

That’s just one play on 3rd down though, it makes sense why they would be trying to get a first down there.

It definitely seemed like there was more running/short passes when it was 24-10.

I could be wrong. But Something/someone was conservative. I doubt Josh Allen was haha , as he’s usually the opposite of that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.