Help - Duffs vs Anchorbar

Bills!Win!

Duffs vs Anchorbar  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Duffs
    • Anchorbar

I’ve always been an Anchor Bar defender.  Not good by Buffalo standards, but plenty good enough if you don’t know better.  It’s all about perspective.  I’ve been there several times throughout the years, and always had solid wings.

This past February, my wife got me Sabres tix for my birthday.  It was my kids’ first time visiting Buffalo, so I thought I’d bring them to the Anchor Bar mainly for the experience.

It was a disaster.  The wings were horrible.  It was almost as if they were sitting under the heat lamp for 15 minutes before the waitress brought them out, and the restaurant was not busy at all.  The wings (Buffalo mild) also had a strange, funky odor to them.  It was bizarre.  I don’t think I’ll ever go back.

The next day right after the game, we went to Gabriel’s Gate and had some AMAZING wings.  It was well worth the 45 minute wait to get a table.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/26/2023 at 2:43 PM, Bills!Win! said:

We are currently at Duffs for our pregame tradition. However, my wife is afraid to have  anchorbar because she is dedicated to Duffs. I want to try something new. Please respond to the poll so I can tell her what true buffalonians prefer 

If you want to try something new hit up Nine Eleven Tavern.

• Like (+1) 2

No Anchor Bar.

Duff's IMO is really good, mainly the one on Sheridan.  Many locals poo on it.  Same thing in Philly.  All the locals poo on Pat's and Geno's.  I lived there awhile and tried several different places and IMO Pat's and Geno's were right there.  

We did Gabriel's Gate 2x.  First time the wings were pretty good.  Second time, they were undercooked rubbery cadaver meat and we never returned.

I have a place on Grand Island that serves the best, most consistent wings.  A small joint called the Village Inn.  

Edited by May Day 10

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.