Shakir, Harty, Shurfield

Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Same agility he showed on the sidelines in the Dolphins game. 

Both catches he’s lined up in the slot at LT and runs a simple flat underneath.

I don’t know that it would take a lot of effort to design a couple of plays for him a game. 

We’re 40% down with the season now, so not sure how he gets a steady diet of 2-3 catches per game on 19 snaps. 

I keep saying it, but we saw this last year with Hines. 

Agree. These guys are not stiffs. It's all about how to use them effectively and maximize their talent. And your point about Hines last year is spot on in IMO. I just don't think Dorsey has the experience and creativity to use all the tools available to him.

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Im not at all surprised that it appears we don’t have a plan for players we acquire. 

Right. So if we did have Hines - if he hadn't been injured in that Jetski accident - would both of them have been active at the same time? What on earth were we going to do with two little guys whose skillets are essentially the same? Harty came with a cap hit of $3.75 million. Maybe that could have been better applied to a position of need.

I spent last week blaming Beane and the receivers for the offense's problems.

But I might change my mindset. The most paid person in the organization (by far) is Josh Allen.

The buck stops with him. He has to make the receivers better. Hell, I'm sure he's a big reason why Davis was voted captain this year. He even has to make Dorsey and McDermott look better than they are because he's the quarter billion dollar man - not them.

I'm putting it on Josh from this point forward. Aside from games 2-4, he's played poorly. He has to step his game up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

This!  I can't believe the hype from our fan base when we signed Harty and Sherfield, who were both JAGs, just liked they rolled out last year.  I was extremely disappointed in the signings if they were actually our replacements, which they are

Sherfield I agree, the Bills TOLD us something different with Harty with his contract.   Then it was all about the advanced stats, yards per route run, etc.   I know he is not McKenzie but he is outputting less than McKenzie at 3 times the cost.  I am not ashamed to admit I expected more.

6 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Harty is on, what, 4m per year? Averaging around 15 snaps a game. Not good enough.

Sherfield was getting rave reviews in training camp. What happened?

sherfield averaging less than 1 catch per game and under 7 yards per game and ZERO catches for more than 10 yards.

harty averaging  just under 2 catches a game for 16 yards per game. With only 3 catches over 10 yards.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Our systems are way too complicated compared to other teams. And because of this it takes way too long for new players to assimilate. And as far as drafting physical football players, McB are clearly not on the same page. We are a finesse team that requires a lead to succeed. This team has not been physical since JA arrived. 

I totally agree. What's even worse is that such a complicated offense to learn is so easy to defend. The end product is a very vanilla looking O that depends on perfect execution. How many times do we have to hear opposing players say they knew exactly what we were going to run? Yet you have Gabe 2-routes-and-a-drop Davis saying they need to simplify it. 

So we have an offense that takes way too long for players to assimilate into yet fools no one. Brilliant Ken!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.