Charging Buffalo = Raging Cockroach ?

I completely agree. Ever since they started screwing with the helmet, starting back in 1974, it's always gotten worse. The current red helmet is a total mess. Looks like a wounded wildebeest with a piece of tree bark stuck to it's horn.

OOOOOOOOOOh ! Fear the sick wildebeest ! :lol:

I completely agree. Ever since they started screwing with the helmet, starting back in 1974, it's always gotten worse. The current red helmet is a total mess. Looks like a wounded wildebeest with a piece of tree bark stuck to it's horn.

OOOOOOOOOOh !  Fear the sick wildebeest !  :lol:

351788[/snapback]

Put it this way, Markie......if I get up enough courage to get a tattoo on my ankle...it sure as hell isn't going to be the GRAZING buffalo.

:lol:

Put it this way, Markie......if I get up enough courage to get a tattoo on my ankle...it sure as hell isn't going to be the GRAZING buffalo.

351794[/snapback]

yeah, but you could let your leg hair grow out and it would look like he was eating grass. :lol:

351794[/snapback]

Understood. Then again, I'm not into tattoo's at all.

OOOOOOOOOOh !  Fear the sick wildebeest !  :lol:

351788[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong with the RED HELMET! The Red Helmet Bills are the 4-time AFC champs! The Red Helmet Bills are the best NFL team of the 90's.

The White Helmet Bills, for the most part, are the jokes of the NFL with an owner with a reputation for being a tightwad.

Don't be dissin' the Red Helmet! That helmet represents the Bills at their best. Like someone said earlier, the Standing Grazing Buffalo is a sitting target waiting to get plugged.

PTR

There is nothing wrong with the RED HELMET!  The Red Helmet Bills are the 4-time AFC champs!  The Red Helmet Bills are the best NFL team of the 90's.

The White Helmet Bills, for the most part, are the jokes of the NFL with an owner with a reputation for being a tightwad.

Don't be dissin' the Red Helmet!  That helmet represents the Bills at their best.  Like someone said earlier, the Standing Grazing Buffalo is a sitting target waiting to get plugged.

PTR

351869[/snapback]

That standing buffalo on the white helmet witnessed two AFL championships and the first-ever 2,000-yard rusher.

I'm just glad they didn't go with the albino buffalo on the red helmet. THAT was a travesty. :lol:

That standing buffalo on the white helmet witnessed two AFL championships and the first-ever 2,000-yard rusher.

I'm just glad they didn't go with the albino buffalo on the red helmet.  THAT was a travesty.   :lol:

351875[/snapback]

2 good years out of 20+ miserable ones...yeah, that's better than 4-AFC titles and a .575 overall winning percentage.

And yes...the white grazing buffalo was a cosmic joke!

PTR

2 good years out of 20+ miserable ones...yeah, that's better than 4-AFC titles and a .575 overall winning percentage.

PTR

351893[/snapback]

Your write. It's the helmet dammit! :lol:

PTR

351893[/snapback]

Um....They only had the red standing Buffalo for 12 years ( 1962 through 1973 ).

The first 5 years were pretty good (1962-66). The next 6 were not. 1973 was 9-5 and O.J. gaining 2003 yards. So in summary, 6 good to very good years and 6 bad ones. About .500

We went to red when Joe Fergy admitted he was colorblind and couldn't tell the difference between white helmets when throwing. Blamed some of his INT's on this. So be it.

We went to red when Joe Fergy admitted he was colorblind and couldn't tell the difference between white helmets when throwing. Blamed some of his INT's on this. So be it.

351905[/snapback]

Not to bust on Fergy because I love the guy and I'm pulling for him all the way, but it seems to me that maybe the Bills could have done better by him by pushing the NFL to install outsized 30-second clocks instead of switching to red helmets. :lol: