The right mix between air and ground

Italian Bills

9 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Isn’t maybe the time that the Clapman talks to Dorsey about his play calling ? 

But maybe he’s just too loyal with him, too much a good boy after all. 

How many times did you see him furious at the refs when they call bad penalties to us ? Pretty never. 

Maybe we would need a bulldog and not a cocker in many situations… and be sure that players can see that. 

Well I said this because McDermott will say in his press conferences: golly gee, wish we would have ran more, we like balance.

Well Coach you can override Dorsey.

And two, don’t you guys have another run plays besides shotgun delayed/draw to Cook? 

Don’t you guys work on anything else? 

Their attitude after this game was like - whew - we tried everything out there but Jacksonville just can’t be run on. 

Harris and Murray got 5 combined carries. 

10 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

A big reason we lost Sunday was the time of possession got so lopsided and this team just refused to run straight ahead with Murray and Harris. 

Bills ran the ball a total of three times in the second half, despite seeing the stress that was placed on the undermanned defense and the score being stuck at 11-7 for over a quarter. 

I can not stand the reliance on Shotgun as a do everything formation.

That stupid delay/draw to Cook that loses yards constantly.

And then you listen to Dorsey and you get lip service about wanting to achieve balance. It was a horrible day for the OC and after all these years, can’t McDermott see what’s going on and override these terrible play calls? 

You see the pass-pass-pass is making you go 3 and 4 out 6/7 drives and yet you’re still doing it well into the second half. 

Bills did it to themselves against Jacksonville. Running allows you to possess the ball, and the Jags just baited the Bills successfully into forfeiting the run to gun the ball constantly. 

The issues with the offense wasn't the lack of runs it was runs at the wrong time bad playcalls and passes short of the sticks. 

A 2 yeard pass on second and 2 is a wasted play.

Add to that a few badly timed drops and that was the difference. 

However the defense didn't make the big play when needed either. They allowed 500 yards.

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Run the ball in a variety of different ways. Dont try to replace Singletary with a slow back like Damien Harris. Draft an offensive lineman instead of a skinny TE

You know we all wanted a new TE because Know wasn’t our Kelce, just to say… so i think getting Kink was a good thing, skinny now maybe, but after a couple of years like a pro, we’ll see. 

Different thing is to be more creative with the running game, i stated that earlier. Dorsey you there ? 

44 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well I said this because McDermott will say in his press conferences: golly gee, wish we would have ran more, we like balance.

Well Coach you can override Dorsey.

And two, don’t you guys have another run plays besides shotgun delayed/draw to Cook? 

Don’t you guys work on anything else? 

Their attitude after this game was like - whew - we tried everything out there but Jacksonville just can’t be run on. 

Harris and Murray got 5 combined carries. 

Holy words ! Facts !

32 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The issues with the offense wasn't the lack of runs it was runs at the wrong time bad playcalls and passes short of the sticks. 

A 2 yeard pass on second and 2 is a wasted play.

Add to that a few badly timed drops and that was the difference. 

However the defense didn't make the big play when needed either. They allowed 500 yards.

Defense was devastated, can’t blame them. 

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

problem with that is that as soon as one of them comes into the game the defense will know where the run is going

Nit if you’re doing 21 personnel.  Cool is an efficient pass catcher in the flat.  You still have 2 WR’s in that scenario, and although Kinkaid has shown proven hands, Knox has the experience.

When in 12, that’s different.

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

You know we all wanted a new TE because Know wasn’t our Kelce, just to say… so i think getting Kink was a good thing, skinny now maybe, but after a couple of years like a pro, we’ll see. 

Different thing is to be more creative with the running game, i stated that earlier. Dorsey you there ? 

Holy words ! Facts !

Defense was devastated, can’t blame them. 

At the end of third quarter the TOP was 29 minutes Jags, 15 minutes Bills. 

Then you throw in: no Tre White, no Benford, no Milano, no Rousseau, no Shaw Lawson, Von at his pitch count, and Elam playing his first game of 2023. 

At the score heading into the 4th was 11-7. 

On 10/12/2023 at 6:30 AM, Italian Bills said:

Exactly, use your backs properly Dorsey ! 

Cook with his quickness and speed in open field is deadly, don’t run him against a wall every single time. 

Makes Murray and Harris the ones that break the LOS. 

Unless you implement a lead fullback with Cook in the lineup. I'd love to see some counters and split formations with a fullback leading Cook. All Cook needs is a crease. If Josh is in the gun, use Murray/Harris with the between the tackle runs. 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.