Snap Counts from Jags game-Von 20 snaps

BuffaloBillyG

19 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Maybe or maybe not, it all depends if Von eventually shows flashes of getting back to wat he was before his injury here. But basing that after 20 snaps in his 1st football game back since a acl tear is definitely jumping to a conclusion. 

He’ll be a 35 PLUS yr old DL next year.  He’s on the backend of his career. Likely best to cut bait.

Edited by PayDaBill$

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

That I was never a fan of the signing. Do I need to explain more?

Nope you're opinion is you're opinion and you have every right to it.

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

He’ll be a 35 PLUS yr old DL next year.  He’s on the backend of his career. Likely best to cut bait.

He’ll be a 35 PLUS yr old DL next year.  He’s on the backend of his career. Likely best to cut bait.

Again like I told the other guy that's you're opinion and have every right to state it, I'm in the let's see how he looks after a few games other then...it's completely over.

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, he should have used the next game as a walk through to do nothing? 

Questions...how was he moving in practices last week? Was he tentative? Moving fluidly? Did he report any discomfort or pain after practice? How did the any re-evals on the knee look? Did the do re-evals? What his mindset about contact and where he's at mentally for game situations? 

I mean, since you seem to know what's what and you recognized things in 20 snaps and all. Please expound.

My point is the NYG game, one that is not in London and vs a much worse team would have been a better game to ease Miller back into. It seemed like not only was there a snap count but he was also playing careful out there just trying to get back on the filed but not do too much. The next game would have been a better time for that. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Nope you're opinion is you're opinion and you have every right to it.

Again like I told the other guy that's you're opinion and have every right to state it, I'm in the let's see how he looks after a few games other then...it's completely over.

Opinion?

Look at him yesterday @ almost 34 1/2 & coming off a difficult injury he’s nowhere near ready to go.

Next year?

How many almost 35-36 year old d lineman are making an impact in this league?  

Not too difficult to see where this is going.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 1

Based on his resume, history and prestige…I’m giving Von the benefit of the doubt here. No need to scrutinize his return to action because he didn’t have a sack fumble and 3 TFLs.

I also agree the signing will be a burden (it already has been) as we continue to try to make it to the holy land. That being said, I think this man has earned a bit of patience from the fan base to give us what we signed him to do. 

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Opinion?

Look at him yesterday @ almost 34 1/2 & coming off a difficult injury he’s nowhere near ready to go.

Next year?

How many almost 35-36 year old d lineman are making an impact in this league?  

Not too difficult to see where this is going.

Yes looking at 20 snaps from a guy who hasn't played ANY football since his injury tells me everything lol.

17 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Yes looking at 20 snaps from a guy who hasn't played ANY football since his injury tells me everything lol.

Well answer my question above about aging DL players making an impact?

Campbell @ age 37.  Maybe there a few +|- other dudes that are still playing at that age (35-37) but difference makers? Unfortunately we have a lot of coin tied up in Von.  We needed to see production & playoff results on the front end of his contract to make this signing worthwhile! Again at almost 36 next year……that’s a tough ask.

Von was brought here to get us a closer to a championship. So far, it’s looking like  a bust.

Edited by PayDaBill$

27 minutes ago, ngbills said:

My point is the NYG game, one that is not in London and vs a much worse team would have been a better game to ease Miller back into. It seemed like not only was there a snap count but he was also playing careful out there just trying to get back on the filed but not do too much. The next game would have been a better time for that. 

So, you have no answers and have no idea what the coaches or Von saw that made that game the comeback time. Got it.

58 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just a hunch on my part, Von is a goner after next year, and his time as a Bill will be viewed as a huge waste of cap space. 

I hear you—but who’s to say Von’s mentoring/tutelage of our DLine especially with Groot and AJ isn’t what maybe helped to unlock the solid contributions they’ve both been making? A lot of us were ready to see AJ go, and worried that Groot wasn’t getting up to speed fast enough—now look at them! Also, we saw what a force Von was before his injury. All that just to say I don’t blame Beane for the splash move, we needed impact on tbe Dline desperately, and he addressed that. 

36 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

That’s not something you can just jump in and out of on a whim. It completely changes the base of the defense.

I know. I’m disappointed it’s not part of the defense. It’s been discussed for years, having a 3 safety look. That was a good time to use it. Tells me it’s not in their plans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.