Eating crow x2

NewEra

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ford?

And in what bad way were you wrong about Benford? He has been steady.

I honestly thought Poona was going to be a stud run stuffer. Being a healthy scratch was disappointing. Benford has just been average to me. Fine but not at the level needed for a CB2 with the offenses we have to go through to win a Super Bowl. Good test for him on Sunday 

4 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I honestly thought Poona was going to be a stud run stuffer. Being a healthy scratch was disappointing. Benford has just been average to me. Fine but not at the level needed for a CB2 with the offenses we have to go through to win a Super Bowl. Good test for him on Sunday 

Ah Poona. Yes. Benford has been decent. Poona has sucked. 

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't need to watch highlight videos of Harty. I actually watched thebartist formerly known as Harris play in New Orleans. He has DEFINITELY lost some sped post his injuries. 

It isn't even in question to me. 

Thank you.  Now in feel better about my eye sight.  🍻 

14 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I didn't know what to expect of Harty but I agree, he's been disappointing.   It might have something to do with Dorsey (sooner or later I always come back to Dorsey!).   A guy like Harty has to get the ball in stride and in space that allows get up to speed before he has to deal with tacklers.   Instead, he seems to get the same opportunities that didn't work for McKenzie, either.  

As for Bernard, I hate to bring up a sore subject, but I told you so.  I mean, I had the same doubts that many people had here.   What I also had, that many people didn't, is confidence in McDermott and Beane.  If Bernard were as bad as we thought he was, McDermott and Beane would have done something to get help.  They did nothing, and as I suspected, they did nothing because they knew the defense would be fine with Bernard in the middle.   They brought in Kirksey to be a veteran backup, not to take the starting job. 

Did I expect him to be the guy we saw on Sunday?  No.  The Cover One video breakdown of him shows some amazing talent, both physical and mental.  

I'm very much still not sold on Dorsey*.  Too small a sample size to draw a conclusion yet, but there's evidence that he might struggle with getting playmakers in space.  McKenzie was fairly disappointing last year, as was Nyheim Hines on offense.  Hines only got the ball on like 2 gimmick plays a game, and they almost never worked.  This year it's Harty only getting the ball on gimmick plays that don't work.  Whereas under Daboll, McKenzie mostly got the ball on gimmick plays, but they mostly worked.

Either we need better gimmick plays, or we need to find a way to get the ball to these guys as part of the normal offense.  I don't know how to do that, but that's okay because it's not my job.  It *is* Ken Dorsey's job, and it's fair to hold him to it.

*General note:  I worry that what someone heard was, "Dorsey sucks," but what I said was, "I'm not sold on Dorsey."  I don't think he sucks, or McDermott would've fired him after last year - plenty of promising candidates would want to run Josh Allen's offense.  But there's plenty of room for Dorsey to be Just Okay or A Little Below Average without being a net positive for the team.  Dorsey was not a net positive last year and I'm looking for improvement this year.  If I don't see it, I'll be a Fire Dorsey guy this offseason.  I expect that plenty of promising OC candidates would want to work with Josh Allen.

• Agree 2

Word is Harty had a very good 2021 and McK had a 2022 solidifying we need to get rid of him. I would argue the stats are not much different and even if they were exactly the same the narrative would be the same. Its the old "we know player x, we dont know new player y they just signed he must be awesome". 

2021 Harty = 36 rec, 570 yards, 3 TD, success rate 50%, 23 1st D

2022 McK = 42 rec, 433 yards, 4 TD, success rate 59%, 27 1st D

Jet sweeps into the short side of the field really don't give the runner a chance to take advantage of their speed.  They need to stop doing it.  Hardy should be running crossing patterns and deeper routes to occupy safeties.  He still looks fast but he is not being used in ways to display that speed effectively.

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.