7 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Receiving Yards leaders 

Diggs  399

Davis  220 

Cook   115

Kincaid 99

Knox  55 

Murray 48 

A little disappointed that Kincaid only has 99 yards at this time. 

Not me, the offense is rolling!!! I don’t care who makes it work, as long as it works. Stats are not the entire story. Tom Brady spread the ball all over, and it seemed to work for him. How can you be upset with the results? It’s a team game. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Augie said:

Not me, the offense is rolling!!! I don’t care who makes it work, as long as it works. Stats are not the entire story. Tom Brady spread the ball all over, and it seemed to work for him. How can you be upset with the results? It’s a team game. 

Not really upset with the offense per se, I just feel like there is still some untapped potential in this squad. I do not think we have hit peak performance. I think once Kincaid starts commanding double teams is when this offense becomes unstoppable. You can’t double both Diggs and Kincaid. I was just expecting to Kincaid to be a little more influential is all. 

2 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Not really upset with the offense per se, I just feel like there is still some untapped potential in this squad. I do not think we have hit peak performance. I think once Kincaid starts commanding double teams is when this offense becomes unstoppable. You can’t double both Diggs and Kincaid. I was just expecting to Kincaid to be a little more influential is all. 

We are second in the league in scoring, behind only the team we just stomped. They put up 70 in a joke of a game, so that point stat may be misleading. The guy has four whole NFL games under his belt, and he’s made some nice contributions.

Maybe you should be a Bears fan? That would give you more ammo! No need to try so hard. 

5 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

There is room to grow. That's good. I don't want to peak in week 4. I expect Kincaid's role will grow and expand naturally. It is unrealistic to expect a rookie to immediately have the instant impact of an established starter. Dorsey and Allen have a great thing going now. Let the Josh to Kincaid connection simmer. It's going to be smooth and dangerous, just have to be patient.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There is room to grow. That's good. I don't want to peak in week 4. I expect Kincaid's role will grow and expand naturally. It is unrealistic to expect a rookie to immediately have the instant impact of an established starter. Dorsey and Allen have a great thing going now. Let the Josh to Kincaid connection simmer. It's going to be smooth and dangerous, just have to be patient.

Yes, he will grow but I already think he is extremely impactful.  People kept reading about how awesome he looked, so they expect excitement.  I think they expect him to take Davis's role and be running go routes and 90 yard touchdowns.  That's not his role.  Right after the draft he was compared to Beasley, that is the role they hope he can fill.  He can be someone with sure hands who can get open and find seems in zones.  He did that several times yesterday, particularly early on.  Comparing yards to other receivers does not make sense.  He is someone you can count on to convert a 3rd down or stay on schedule by catching 6 or 7 yard passes.

I will say only one thing.  The one move we should have made was cutting some fat and grabbing Christian McCaffery even if he was expensive. He’s paid huge dividends and somehow Sf doing ok on the cap space.  He would have been the cherry on top. 

17 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Yes, he will grow but I already think he is extremely impactful.  People kept reading about how awesome he looked, so they expect excitement.  I think they expect him to take Davis's role and be running go routes and 90 yard touchdowns.  That's not his role.  Right after the draft he was compared to Beasley, that is the role they hope he can fill.  He can be someone with sure hands who can get open and find seems in zones.  He did that several times yesterday, particularly early on.  Comparing yards to other receivers does not make sense.  He is someone you can count on to convert a 3rd down or stay on schedule by catching 6 or 7 yard passes.

I expect more than that from him, ultimately, but it's true that he is already making an impact in the role you articulate. Having a reliable slot that can move the chains is a significant upgrade from last year, as you implicitly note.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.