Entourage- HBO

For those that like this show, it is back on Sunday night. If you haven't seen it, I recommend going out and getting the DVD of the first season, there were 6 episodes. It's a great show about a young actor in Hollywood and his posse. It has Jeremy Piven as his agent. He steals the show. One of the best shows on TV, I think.

I've never seen it but almost everything that's HBO original is worth a look. I read an article a couple of years ago about the creative process at the network and almost every show gets sent back to the creators a few times because in HBO's words "they aren't fugged up enough."

I've never seen it but almost everything that's HBO original is worth a look.  I read an article a couple of years ago about the creative process at the network and almost every show gets sent back to the creators a few times because in HBO's words "they aren't fugged up enough."

350035[/snapback]

Trust me on this, this is a great show. Here is a great article/review about it. It's from Tim Goodman, the reviewer for the Chronicle, who is really cool.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...DDGP4D190T1.DTL

Trust me on this, this is a great show.  Here is a great article/review about it. It's from Tim Goodman, the reviewer for the Chronicle, who is really cool.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...DDGP4D190T1.DTL

350037[/snapback]

It's a good show but not exactly great and wouldn't put it among HBO's best. I agree with Piven's performance and would also say Kevin Connelly (Eric aka E) also does well but the rest of the cast is okay. I'm actually looking more forward to the return of Six Feet Under on Monday yet also saddened as it's going to be the final season.

For those that like this show, it is back on Sunday night. If you haven't seen it, I recommend going out and getting the DVD of the first season, there were 6 episodes. It's a great show about a young actor in Hollywood and his posse. It has Jeremy Piven as his agent. He steals the show. One of the best shows on TV, I think.

350030[/snapback]

From the promos it looks like they're increasing the amount Jeremy gets to do this year. Good to see him get out of his buddy John Cusack's shadow.

It's a good show but not exactly great and wouldn't put it among HBO's best. I agree with Piven's performance and would also say Kevin Connelly (Eric aka E) also does well but the rest of the cast is okay.
IMO it's right behind Curb Your Enthusiasm in the half hour comedy genre and much better than Arliss and Ali G.

I'm actually looking more forward to the return of Six Feet Under on Monday yet also saddened as it's going to be the final season.

350040[/snapback]

Not really fair to compare SFU with ENT as it's in a completely different arena; (twisted) plot driven dramas for lack of a better term. Will miss SFU but hope it will go out with a bang; last season was not up to snuff IMO.. In this catagory I would rate The Wire, Sopranos, and SFU as tight #1, #2, #3 with the others (Deadwood, Carnivale etc) a large step below.

Now if HBO would only pick up the NFL Ticket..... :doh:

It's a good show but not exactly great and wouldn't put it among HBO's best. I agree with Piven's performance and would also say Kevin Connelly (Eric aka E) also does well but the rest of the cast is okay. I'm actually looking more forward to the return of Six Feet Under on Monday yet also saddened as it's going to be the final season.

350040[/snapback]

What I like about the show is that they really nail the Hollywood politics and egos. I've got a bunch of friends that work in the industry there in various capacities and some at a higher level and I've seen how it operates from up close and they have it right. The writer has obviously played that game and knows how it works.

I think Pivens characters is great. My favorite scene is when he storms into the Malibu party to salvage his relationship with Vincent. The guy that plays the main star is so-so. Kevin Connolly is very good. The character I like best besides Ari is Turtle. I think we have all had a Turtle in our lives at some point. The little weasel that glops on for the ride.

More Piven will be good for the show. It will need more time to develop, but I think it was great from the start. It'll be the show that gets me through the summer.

I would rank recent HBO shows in the following order:

1. The Wire

2. Sopranos

3. Oz

4. Entourage

5. Deadwood

6-11: Other stuff I never watch

12. Mind of the Married Man

350652[/snapback]

1. Curb (Bar none best show on TV)

2. Six Feet Under ( I wish this wasn't the last season, great show)

3. Deadwood (A man's "show" never met a woman that like this show yet)

4. Entourage (Very good show I look for it to move up after this season)

5. Sopranos (struggling the last two seasons, it is time for it to go)

What I  like about the show is that they really nail the Hollywood politics and egos. I've got a bunch of friends that work in the industry there in various capacities and some at a higher level and I've seen how it operates from up close and they have it right. The writer  has obviously played that game and knows how it works.

I think Pivens characters is great. My favorite scene is when he storms into the Malibu party to salvage his relationship with Vincent. The guy that plays the main star is so-so. Kevin Connolly is very good. The character I like best besides Ari is Turtle. I think we have all had a Turtle in our lives at some point. The little weasel that glops on for the ride.

More Piven will be good for the show. It will need more time to develop, but I think it was great from the start.  It'll be the show that gets me through the summer.

350585[/snapback]

Mark Wahlberg produces the show, so that may be where the authenticity comes into play

350040[/snapback]

Right on!

1. Curb (Bar none best show on TV)

2. Six Feet Under ( I wish this wasn't the last season, great show)

3. Deadwood (A man's "show" never met a woman that like this show yet)

4. Entourage (Very good show I look for it to move up after this season)

350673[/snapback]

What, no Ali G mention?

Mark Wahlberg produces the show, so that may be where the authenticity comes into play

350677[/snapback]

It's based loosely on his experience in Hollywood. He had a brief cameo in the first episode. The best cameos last season were Gary Busey and Val Kilmer (whom you might not have recognized).

350673[/snapback]

At the risk of sounding like a snob, I am so glad David Chase is in charge of the Sopranos, instead of the viewers...Season 5 was awesome...hate to say it, I just think it goes over the heads of some people!

BTW, the two best HBO series ever, in a first place tie, "The Sopranos" and "Larry Sanders".

"Larry Sanders" is one of the most criminally overlooked shows in television history, and "The Sopranos" is about near perfect as television can get....

Honorable mentions go to "Mr Show", "Curb Your Enthusiasim", "Deadwood", "Da Ali G Show", and "The Wire".

"Oz" and "Six Feet Under", although still superior to anyting on network tv, both have run/or ran their course early on...."OZ" just got way to silly to have any shred of credibity (although the Bills paraphanalia in Tim's office early on gives it a slight pass), and "Six Feet Under" has gone a little too soap opera in its' old age...

As far as "Enourage" goes, it is okay, but I think the whole "deconstructing Hollywood" thing has been overdone ad nausium (Larry Sanders, also including Jeremy Piven in its' cast did it with much more humour and wiseness) at this point. "Larry Sanders" was so far ahead of its' time!