Player predictions before the season starts…

ChronicAndKnuckles

On 9/1/2023 at 3:01 PM, FilthyBeast said:

- Best performing rookie - Also going with Torrance, Kincaid hype is not realistic.

- Offensive non- skill position MVP - Morse, he's mostly above average at his best but a leader and proven to hold the group together.

- Best Running back - Also Harris, this guy was really good with NE at times include in that weird weather game in Buffalo a few years ago.

- Offensive dark horse - Sherfield - dude was buried on Miami's depth chart and will have opportunity to EAT in Buffalo assuming Dorsey doesn't botch things.

- Defensive dark horse - Taylor Rapp - I think he takes over for Hyde or Poyer at some point in the season as the primary starter.

- Defensive MVP - Agree with Miller, not so much about posting big sack numbers but freeing up other guys like he did last year if healthy and still effective.

- Player most likely to underperform - Kincaid, maybe a bit harsh for a rookie but for the same reason I don't see him living up to billing early and there are way too many other people in this offense to spread the ball around too.

agree with each.  nicely done.

But most likely to underperfom is Elam.

Partly because he should be expected to perform like a first rounder in year 3.   so far we'll be excited if he looks like a first rounder in year 1-of-3.   He seems smart and tries, but if it hasnt happened by  now . . .

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Any specific reason you think Murray is going to be the guy or is it just a hunch ? I would’ve picked Murray if this was a few years ago, but 32 y.o. seems pretty steep. Especially competing against the youth of Cook and Harris. What I do like is that he’s a big bruising guy at 6’3 230. Running style and body frame reminds me of Eddie George. He ran 4.38 so on paper he is the fastest RB on the roster, but that was 9 years ago. The numbers don’t lie, he’s been productive on every team he’s been in. Good choice 👍 I definitely wouldn’t be shocked if you were right. 

Harris is often injured and Cook will not handle a full workload. I think Murray will make the best of his limited reps to start and force the coaching staff to use him more and more. 

Here is my take 

Best Performing Rookie: Torrence - I think Kincaid will have a nice impact but I think Torrence is going to be a plug-and-play guard. 

Offensive non-skill position MVP: Mitch - I think Mitch is going to put in another solid season. I think that not only will he play well but I think he will help get McGovern up to speed in a new system and help Torrence in his rookie campaign. 

Best Running Back: Cook - I think Cook is going to break out if he can stay healthy 15-18 carries per game will lead to heavier numbers and better production. 

Offensive Dark Horse: Trent Sheffield - I was torn between Shakir and Sheffield. But I think Sheffield has shown more in the off-season and while I don't think he is going to have a huge season but I think he will have a nice impact with 500 + yards and 40ish receptions which for a WR4 is solid production. 

Defensive Dark Horse: AJ Epenesa - He quietly had 6.5 sacks last season but for whatever reason those sacks somehow didn't make him stand out. I think he has a similar sack total (6-8 sacks) but his sacks are more impactful and he makes plays in run defense. He is in a contract year and started his NFL career during the Covid off-season and was asked to shed a lot of weight. He struggled heavily his first two years and then had a better third season. With one more off-season under his belt and the motivation of getting a contract, I think he shows out a bit. 

Defensive MVP: Tre White - I think White comes back to his All-Pro form. He has by all accounts looked good in the off-season and is now more removed from his ACL injury. He also got a chance to play towards the end of last season so mentally he has knocked off the rust but now physically may be there. 

Player Most Likely to Underperform: Jordan Poyer - Both safeties are coming off seasons where they were hurt or banged up and both are older players. Both are into their 30's. I think Poyer will regress. I still think he will be a decent safety but just not the All-Pro or Pro-Bowl caliber player he has consistently been. 

On 9/2/2023 at 11:11 AM, NewEra said:

What is the Kincaid hype and what isn’t realistic about it?  Sure, some are calling him a HoFer, cough, but that’s few and far in between.  Other than HoF hype, what’s unrealistic? 

Predict his stats

I think Kincaid might eventually develop into a probowl stud type player but thinking he's going to be Kelce out the gate is ridiculous especially since Kelce himself didn't even become that dude until a good 4 or 5 years into the league.

As far as predicting his rookie stats I think they'll be on par with Knox rookie year or marginally better, something like 30 - 40 catches, 400 yards, 5 TDs.

On 9/2/2023 at 8:34 PM, maddenboy said:

But most likely to underperfom is Elam.

Partly because he should be expected to perform like a first rounder in year 3.   so far we'll be excited if he looks like a first rounder in year 1-of-3.   He seems smart and tries, but if it hasnt happened by  now . . .

Elam’s going into year 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.