Buffalo News online

ALF

7 hours ago, T&C said:

I've been told by a couple of people that this part is a major hassle.

I am in the midst of my trial. What I didn't like is no matter how small the story is, you get an email about it. I'm getting about 10 to 15 emails a day from the news. So I wrote to cancel. They fought hard to keep me. I fought harder. My trial ends in November. 

10 hours ago, T&C said:

I've been told by a couple of people that this part is a major hassle.

Simplest way to handle is to use a credit card which you can cancel and get a new one.

I have done this a few times - cancel card after last reduced payment and cancel service a week or two before end.

Done this with BJs who requires auto renewal on membership "but you can cancel any time".

Had one company call a couple of times and I said I was waiting for a new card.

After a couple of months of same answer they gave up.

• Like (+1) 1

Are you kidding me... Over my dead body will I pay... $10 a month? 😆 Just find what you're looking for somewhere else.

Why don't they just make news free and take a cut from the ISPs?  Like tack on some kinda nominal news fee. A few pennies from everyone.

😆... This would go over well. Keep your dirty fingers outta the pie!

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Simplest way to handle is to use a credit card which you can cancel and get a new one.

I have done this a few times - cancel card after last reduced payment and cancel service a week or two before end.

Done this with BJs who requires auto renewal on membership "but you can cancel any time".

Or card that is about to expire.

Will prepaid cards work?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Another good tip - if you ever have a gift card with a few dollars left over on it always save them for offers like this. Never have to worry about cancelling or being charged (assuming not enough money left on the card for transfer to go through).

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.