Best The Bills Backup QB's

boyst

6 hours ago, boyst said:

When was he primarily a backup for the Bills in the last 10 years?

I went 10 years back and listed all available backup QB's and a few that were briefly rostered.

I mean , first of all you didn't have any criteria...

Second of all he started his career as our backup here ... He did not win the job out of camp... So yes he started his bills career as a backup 

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Especially since Leinart was never a backup on Buffalo. Ever.

wrong.

he played for the Bills 5 days in the preseason and saw considerable playing time against Detroit in a game played in Toronto after Kolb, Manuel and our depth was depleted.  He had never seen the playbook and was just used as a body to play the position.

easy to forget.

trivial fact the bills had rostered the first 3 picks of that draft at that point and 5 of the top 10.

leinert, mario williams, reggie bush, vince young, whitner.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean , first of all you didn't have any criteria...

Second of all he started his career as our backup here ... He did not win the job out of camp... So yes he started his bills career as a backup 

reading the initial post gave enough details and the list was provided to choose from.

Edited by boyst

19 hours ago, boyst said:

Because this is very objective we will specifically make it as in rank the best QB to backup Josh Allen.

Rate your top 2 backup QB's you'd want behind Josh. If you want to do them as an entire ranking, be my guest. As part of the hypothetical, these QB's would be at their peak.

1) Kyle Allen

2) Matt Barkley

3) Davis Webb

4) Case Keenum

5) Mitch Trubisky

6) Derek Anderson

7) Nate "the GOAT" Peterman

😎 Joe Webb

9) EJ Manuel

10) Cardale Jones 

11) Matt Cassell

12) Kevin Colb (edit: his name would matter if he didn't get his ass kicked by a rubber mat)

13) Matt Leinert

14) Vince Young

15) Honorary Buffalo Bills John Skelton

For bonus points: how many games in a 4 game stretch do you think they could win?

This is a terrible list 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.