Today I Learned, 2023 Edition

Ridgewaycynic2013

I love this thread already 🙂 I envision it to be a repository of all sorts of random factoids and nuggets we have somehow learned

I learned in 2023 that if you begin an application for Social Security retirement benefits in April lets say. The system allows you to halt the process and  it SAVES it within their system.  Until for whatever reason you resume the application process. 

We began the application in April, resumed it on my birthday in July. It was completed after a phone call with SSA and final approval. They especially wanted to know if we were still married.

The reason Im posting this is what I did NOT know was once approved our benefits began in APRIL when the process began. And we were given full payment for April-May and June. AKA a big fat unexpected windfall check. I expected to receive July forward but nope!

Just FYI:    

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Yesterday, we learned that a bear actually lives on our property.  Not good.  And my dogs are itching to find it.  And my garage smells bad cuz we need to keep the garbage can in...

Did you find out the garage stink today, or yesterday?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.