Should MAGA House Republicans Expunge Trump Impeachments?

Should MAGA House Republicans Expunge Trump's Impeachments?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should MAGA House Republicans Expunge Trump's Impeachments?

• Yes! It was all a Democratic hoax.
    • No! It was a hoax, but it would be bad politics.
    • No. I believe in the rule of law.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/20/kevin-mccarthy-donald-trump-impeachment-expunge-promise-00107236

Vote and discuss!

I'll start, since our MAGA denizens apparently are still sleeping off the prior night's caloric intake.  I voted no because I believe in the rule of law.  It's pretty simple.  There is legally sufficient evidence that Trump engaged in obstruction of justice, per the Mueller report, and the January 6 catastrophe speaks for itself. 

Edited by SectionC3

They literally cannot.

Every two years the House is disbanded and a new House is created. It’s not a continuing body like the Senate. They cannot go back and undo the work of a previous House. 

Most they can do is pass a resolution saying that he shouldn’t have been impeached but it’ll just be a bunch of words. 

25 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Welp. the house only indicted him, he was acquitted in the senate.

Does one's criminal record show when they were charged, or convicted?

Yup.  But that’s not the issue.  The question—which is facing Speaker McCarthy at the moment—is whether to expunge the impeachment in the house.  

Feel free to vote if you haven’t done so already in our handy dandy poll.  It seems like a lot of MAGA are avoiding the issue. Kind of like most House Republicans would like to do. 

25 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

They literally cannot.

Every two years the House is disbanded and a new House is created. It’s not a continuing body like the Senate. They cannot go back and undo the work of a previous House. 

Most they can do is pass a resolution saying that he shouldn’t have been impeached but it’ll just be a bunch of words. 

I tend to agree with you.  This might be the “out” for House Republicans.  

26 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

What? No. That doesn’t make any sense. 

An impeachment resolution by a current House actually has effects. 

In this instance, pretty partisan

34 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

They literally cannot.

So partisan swing every couple of years, right? Just like we're seeing.

• Like (+1) 1