One Question For Each Team

corta765

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They don't have a franchise QB. 

Also, I'm not sure your premise is correct. Is the media really putting more pressure on the Bills than SF? 

I think the pressure is coming from the Buffalo fans more than the media. 

They’ve failed at QB multiple times. Crazy talent on that roster.

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

What do you expect Jets fans to say? It's homerism at its best. Not unlike many of the posters here with regards to the Bills. 

I get that but a 27-year-old in decline and a 40-year-old that has a lot left in the tank. Homerism or no homerism that is just a moronic comment. He got called out on it by other Jets fans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I get that but a 27-year-old in decline and a 40-year-old that has a lot left in the tank. Homerism or no homerism that is just a moronic comment. He got called out on it by other Jets fans.

They should have said something to the effect of the Bills can't seem to get over the hump. Their coaching staff, schemes, and playoff record is mediocre. They appear beatable come playoff time.

As a Jets fan I would welcome a playoff game vs Buffalo. I think we would have a good shot at beating them especially with an experienced Rodgers and elite D. 

That's a much more reasonable approach. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They should have said something to the effect of the Bills can't seem to get over the hump. Their coaching staff, schemes, and playoff record is mediocre. They appear beatable come playoff time.

As a Jets fan I would welcome a playoff game vs Buffalo. I think we would have a good shot at beating them especially with an experienced Rodgers and elite D. 

That's a much more reasonable approach. 

I understand what you are saying, and last year your comments would certainly have been appropriate, but look at the year before!  We humiliated NE in perhaps one of BB's worst playoff defeats (has to be NO. 1 the more I think about it) and then BEAT the Chiefs in their building to go to the AFC Championship Game....only for our coaching staff to gift the victory back to KC.  Very nice of them.

We have been inconsistent in the playoffs.  The year we beat Baltimore and Indy we looked pretty good too, though we obviously haven't gotten far enough.

This year will be a big test IMO.  It's been long enough now that another single win and then OUT in the playoffs should have some people wondering if this group of coaches is going to get it done...or if their plan is working...like completely ignoring Josh's weapons, prioritizing D, and band-aiding the OL.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I understand what you are saying, and last year your comments would certainly have been appropriate, but look at the year before!  We humiliated NE in perhaps one of BB's worst playoff defeats (has to be NO. 1 the more I think about it) and then BEAT the Chiefs in their building to go to the AFC Championship Game....only for our coaching staff to gift the victory back to KC.  Very nice of them.

We have been inconsistent in the playoffs.  The year we beat Baltimore and Indy we looked pretty good too, though we obviously haven't gotten far enough.

This year will be a big test IMO.  It's been long enough now that another single win and then OUT in the playoffs should have some people wondering if this group of coaches is going to get it done...or if their plan is working...like completely ignoring Josh's weapons, prioritizing D, and band-aiding the OL.

If they fail again in the playoffs, then you have to wonder if McDermott is the guy to get them to the finish line. I don't think Terry would fire him but the calls from fans and media to replace McDermott will grow louder. Suggestions to bring in an offensive minded HC to get the most out of Allen and the offense would be a popular choice IMHO. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If they fail again in the playoffs, then you have to wonder if McDermott is the guy to get them to the finish line. I don't think Terry would fire him but the calls from fans and media to replace McDermott will grow louder. Suggestions to bring in an offensive minded HC to get the most out of Allen and the offense would be a popular choice IMHO. 

Agreed!

Pegula has been around now long enough, with both teams, to have an idea of how he works.  He can be unpredictable!  

He fired Darcy Regier shortly after giving him a big K extension; so that means nothing with the recent Bills' extensions.  He fired Lindy Ruff when many viewed him as untouchable, though his time had come.  And then, it sounds like as the result of a single meeting that perhaps got heated, just like that, he fired his HC in Rex Ryan with a game left in the season! 

When Pegula decides it's time for you to go, you're going to go.  He has no problem pulling the trigger.  How he feels about McDermott and what his patience timeline with him is, only Terry knows.

I've been saying that for at least 3 years now, long before anyone else around here was even considering this.  Most people here are homers and have assumed for quite a while that McDermott will lead us to a Dynasty of SB wins.  I have always been a bit more cautious.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Agreed!

Pegula has been around now long enough, with both teams, to have an idea of how he works.  He can be unpredictable!  

He fired Darcy Regier shortly after giving him a big K extension; so that means nothing with the recent Bills' extensions.  He fired Lindy Ruff when many viewed him as untouchable, though his time had come.  And then, it sounds like as the result of a single meeting that perhaps got heated, just like that, he fired his HC in Rex Ryan with a game left in the season! 

When Pegula decides it's time for you to go, you're going to go.  He has no problem pulling the trigger.  How he feels about McDermott and what his patience timeline with him is, only Terry knows.

I've been saying that for at least 3 years now, long before anyone else around here was even considering this.  Most people here are homers and have assumed for quite a while that McDermott will lead us to a Dynasty of SB wins.  I have always been a bit more cautious.

For me it was 13 seconds. At that point I started to wonder if McDermott can lead the Bills to a championship. Like you said the only opinion that matters are the Pegula's. 

58 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Relying on a rookie TE is a scary proposition. Rarely does a rookie TE have a significant impact in his rookie season. Remember Kincaid is a liabilty blocking and who knows what Dorsey can scheme. 

Sam Monson of PFF was on WGR yesterday and talked about this. He spoke how Kelce goes to a place on the field but the route he takes intentionally draws the defender away so by the time he is there it opens more space. He said with Kincaid he already does this and IF Buffalo uses him as a catcher not blocker his production could be far more then the normal TE.

Again this also is relying on Dorsey taking a step as an OC, but it was encouraging to hear. If you want to listen to his piece it was at 5pm yesterday with Bulldog, quite good analysis.

9 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Five Words:

Kyle Shanahan

versus

Sean McDermott

Agreed. Although I am a little surprised Shanahan gets such a pass with the SB losses where he directly was responsible for play calls that cost ATL and SF. I get he is a wonderkid to many, but I personally think McVay is better.

43 minutes ago, Gregg said:

No surprise but the Jets are going on Hard Knocks.

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "Soon to be official: https://t.co/ECxYWv5dKx" / Twitter

That should be pretty entertaining.  I like that show no matter who it is, but I will be curious to see anything related to Rodgers.

I think he's one of the biggest mysteries and storylines going into this season, league wide. 

I genuinely think he could take that team deep in the playoffs, or be terrible! 

We have to see who he is in 2023 in a Jets uniform.  It's a total question mark, at least for me, right now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That should be pretty entertaining.  I like that show no matter who it is, but I will be curious to see anything related to Rodgers.

I think he's one of the biggest mysteries and storylines going into this season, league wide. 

We have to see who he is in 2023 in a Jets uniform.  It's a total question mark, at least for me, right now.

I will be at the game on 9/11. I hope the Bills not only win but kick the crap out of them and Rodgers plays like crap. If that happens then seeing all of those sad/angry Jets fans walking out of MetLife will be priceless. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I will be at the game on 9/11. I hope the Bills not only win but kick the crap out of them and Rodgers plays like crap. If that happens then seeing all of those sad/angry Jets fans walking out of MetLife will be priceless. 

You know they are all thinking "we are winning the SB now with Rodgers" and yes, a big defeat on opening night would be such a kick in the nuts to all Jets fans everywhere!  I CAN'T WAIT for that game.  

I hope Josh plays his best game to date!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You know they are all thinking "we are winning the SB now with Rodgers" and yes, a big defeat on opening night would be such a kick in the nuts to all Jets fans everywhere!  I CAN'T WAIT for that game.  

I hope Josh plays his best game to date!

This game is going to be hyped off the charts. NY media, national media, Jets fans, Bills fans. Allen vs Rodgers. The past few seasons' Bills fans took over MetLife to where the crowd was 50-50 or close to it. For most Jets games the upper deck is maybe half-filled at best except for the divisional games or a team with strong national following. That first game at MetLife with Rodgers will not only be packed but I doubt Jets fans sell their tickets for this one. There will be some blue in the stands but nothing close to half the crowd. 

Edited by Gregg

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

For me it was 13 seconds. At that point I started to wonder if McDermott can lead the Bills to a championship. Like you said the only opinion that matters are the Pegula's. 

What’s interesting here is we give Andy Reid so much credit, rightfully so. But in that moment Mahomes and Kelce changed the route on their own. I still feel like the players needed to be smarter in that situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What is interesting to me is so many people see him doing a Manning type comeback DEN in NY. Thing no one is mentioning is Peyton was 4 years younger with a full year of recovery when he came to DEN. Rodgers is already coming off some injuries and walking in 4 years older which matters.

I still think Rodgers can easily elevate the Jets to a playoff team and if he can get back to being top 10 a SB contender. Their QB play has been just so bad for a long time while having a good defense for a bit that even just adequate makes them a possible playoff squad. Rodgers does take good care of his body so could he return to an MVP level? Maybe, but I think above average is more likely which still is big.

ARZ--why on earth would they pay and then not play Murray?

CAR--who are the "quite a few QBs" Reich has "worked magic on"? He had Luck, Brissett, Wentz, Rivers and Ryan.  Bryce young is a talent, but he is legit tiny.

DAL--tunrs out, firing Moore was a dumb idea.  

DEN-- I think Broncos have a much better year.

KC--Kelce don't look injured to me.  And why does Mahomes need "a #1WR"?  Everyone predicted doom after the tossed Hill.  Of course, without him, the Chief's Offense improved to #1 over all, in points scored and passing (and another Lombardi).  They already answered that question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.