Damar Hamlin CPR event

MasterStrategist

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The title here almost gave me a cardiac event - when I read it quickly I thought Damar needed CPR again ...

Me too.  I thought Damar saved OJ

• Haha (+1) 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 9:14 AM, wppete said:

Great event, good to see. this should bring knowledge to a lot of people. Hopefully it helps…… 

Unfortunately Damar is a long shot to make this team and it worries me it would be a massive distraction if the Bills let him go. The media would go nuts. There is way too much competition at Safety and unfortunately he is an average backup at the position. 

Except for the fact that the media focus on Hamlin is pretty much all positive and the league is known to adjust calls at times to benefit its image.  And a Damar Hamlin comeback player of year would be worth alot of positive press for the NFL.  Ibillieve the Bills gained alot of new fans from those previously non affiliated with an NFL team they rooted for.  

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

Except for the fact that the media focus on Hamlin is pretty much all positive and the league is known to adjust calls at times to benefit its image.  And a Damar Hamlin comeback player of year would be worth alot of positive press for the NFL.  Ibillieve the Bills gained alot of new fans from those previously non affiliated with an NFL team they rooted for.  

I don’t think Damar has the talent to make this Team especially with this depth. Unfortunately he is a below average player, that’s the truth…. I  don’t think the Bills would a decision to hurt the talent of this team. Camp and preseason should be interesting to see how it plays out at a the Safety position. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I don’t think Damar has the talent to make this Team especially with this depth. Unfortunately he is a below average player, that’s the truth…. I  don’t think the Bills would a decision to hurt the talent of this team. Camp and preseason should be interesting to see how it plays out at a the Safety position. 

Well there are ways the Bills and league can see he gets to a team needing safety help.  Like a trade of surplus safety to needy team.  If they need some positive media then Hamlin can provide that.  It is also possible Hamlin himself sees he's not cutting it sand chooses to accept a ps position that gives him whatever salary txhey agree on and easily could sweeten it , don't really know how well he grades out compared to other safeties in the league to know if there's any market for him at all.   If all else fails I'd be okay if they just decided to someway make some exception by league to allow Hamlin to draw a nfl pension if he agrees to it over being treated like that packer getting cut hours after being we ished a happy birthday.

Edited by AuntieEm

On 7/10/2023 at 9:14 AM, wppete said:

Great event, good to see. this should bring knowledge to a lot of people. Hopefully it helps…… 

Unfortunately Damar is a long shot to make this team and it worries me it would be a massive distraction if the Bills let him go. The media would go nuts. There is way too much competition at Safety and unfortunately he is an average backup at the position. 

Sadly, I agree. Imo, we have THEE best Secondary in the NFL.  If I’m accurate, is there room for a marginal player?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, I agree. Imo, we have THEE best Secondary in the NFL.  If I’m accurate, is there room for a marginal player?

Well I do like the Bills pr depth they do good work so let's hope they can come up with something they can spin for positive media attention and let's the Bills keep the best players.  I'm expecting a SB  win this season and I'd love to see Hamlin get one even if it's just because they got him on the PS where any team could sign him if they have a injury to their safeties.

4 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Well there are ways the Bills and league can see he gets to a team needing safety help.  Like a trade of surplus safety to needy team.  If they need some positive media then Hamlin can provide that.  It is also possible Hamlin himself sees he's not cutting it sand chooses to accept a ps position that gives him whatever salary txhey agree on and easily could sweeten it , don't really know how well he grades out compared to other safeties in the league to know if there's any market for him at all.   If all else fails I'd be okay if they just decided to someway make some exception by league to allow Hamlin to draw a nfl pension if he agrees to it over being treated like that packer getting cut hours after being we ished a happy birthday.

Well I do like the Bills pr depth they do good work so let's hope they can come up with something they can spin for positive media attention and let's the Bills keep the best players.  I'm expecting a SB  win this season and I'd love to see Hamlin get one even if it's just because they got him on the PS where any team could sign him if they have a injury to their safeties.

ChatGPT still needs some fine tuning

IF Damar is back to his old self, not sure why some ppl here think he won't make the team.  He'd be our 4th safety.

That's a big if, given everything that's occurred in the past 7-8 months.  Mentally, you just never know with anyone.  That's not a prediction or slight, just being honest with the situation.

He was never known for his athletic prowess at Pitt, just instinctive/aggressive/always around the ball, and a great leader.  That's a valuable player, as a 3rd-4th safety in the NFL, who is still young and ability to improve with more experience into a fringe starter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.