Pats give DeVante Parker a Big Extension

Coach Tuesday

On 6/30/2023 at 10:32 AM, Einstein said:

It’s pretty much impossible to know whether the drop off was due to Rogers or due to that awful team they put around him.

It’s actually a pretty solid roster. The big issues were young receivers and  revolving injuries, particularly on defense and the Oline. The interesting thing to me is that even with the injuries that Packers Oline was better than the Jets Oline last year. I’m really curious if Rodgers will extend plays this year or just turf the ball when there’s pressure like last season.  

On 6/28/2023 at 11:07 PM, billsfan89 said:

No idea why they would invest a moderately sizable contract into a 30 year old WR who has had back to back down seasons. Parker only had one good season (2019) and a couple of other decent seasons (2020 and 2016) so it isn't like there was a big peak for him to return to. Also apparently this doesn't impact the Pats cap-wise much at all, so I don't know if this at all related to Dhop or not. Either way Pats throwing money at a WR who is unlikely to meet the expectations is a good thing. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/devante-parker-deal-means-patriots-233503508.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

To me it was him or hopkins, so this signals they're out on hopkins.  But i suppose stranger things have happened.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2023 at 9:16 AM, Big Turk said:

Perhaps the Pats think he doesn't have as much wear and tear since he has been hurt so much and hasn't played the amount others would have...

To me, it makes no sense either...usually if a player is always hurt it gets worse after age 30, not better...

From my recollection it's a lot of soft tissue stuff like hamstrings...

Injuries are wear and tear, physically as well as takes a toll mentally.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.