Culture and one year deals

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Kelce!!!!Talks a lot of ***** too. 

Donald plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. Plays with a dominant attitude. 

Football is still football. The Bills have long been know as being a finesse team. Their weaknesses for quite awhile has been in the trenches. 

Sign me up for a guy like Suh or Conrad Cobbler. The Bills are lacking that. I suppose it doesn't fit the culture they have built. 

It's football not choir service. 

Terrible miss by me on Donald. I think Dawkins, Spencer Brown, Lawson, and heck even Allen play with that edge. I do get what you are saying. But you know what I don’t miss? Is Jerry Hughes terrible personal foul penalties that hurt the team. It’s a fine line and I don’t think that was really the thing that was costing us. Could be wrong though 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a different world. These guys know each other since high school, make a lot of money, switch teams too much to have that hatred. It might last for a year or 2 but guys aren’t going to hate guys the way they used to. Unless it’s Taylor Lewan. Everyone hates him. 

Hate? Who said anything about hating your opponent? I believe what’s being discussed is playing with a more aggressive approach. NFL Football is a very physical sport. Nobody is going easy on their friends. 

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I am pretty old. Kosar was simply not elite.  He was fun.  But no one expected championships because Kosar was your QB. No one is instantly a HOF coach.  So again, you seem to have no point.  Other than Joe Gibbs most HOF coaches are paired with HOF QBs during their championship runs.  Reid was not a sure fire HOF coach prior to Mahomes. Now he is. Bellichek may never have one any championships without Tom Brady.  Marv Levy was not a HOF coach without Jim Kelly. Josh Allen is on a level similar to Dan Marino.  If Allen never wins a superbowl his place in football history will be headlined by discussions of whether Allen or Marino was the best QB to never win a superbowl.  No one will ever put Bernie Kosar into that discussion.    

Phil Sims HOF/Parcells, Elway/Reeves/Shannahan, Marino/Shula plenty of HOF pairs back then. Also a different game. Original point (I think since this is going back days) was BB had talented/capable players. I mean a SB was won with Trent Dilfer back in a different time as well. Nobody is going to confuse Jeff Hostetler as HOF talent. Different time and game that what we see today. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Excellent point. I think with the cap dollars allocated to star QB and several star players you are going to need to sign some key free agents to 1 and 2 year deals to fill out your starting squads. You can only draft so many guys.

Well, and that bolded part opens up an entirely different conversation.  One that's all but verboten here.  LOL  

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Terrible miss by me on Donald. I think Dawkins, Spencer Brown, Lawson, and heck even Allen play with that edge. I do get what you are saying. But you know what I don’t miss? Is Jerry Hughes terrible personal foul penalties that hurt the team. It’s a fine line and I don’t think that was really the thing that was costing us. Could be wrong though 

That's more than fair. We are probably splitting hairs here. 

The Bills certainly were a resilient team last year. They won the close games in the regular season and vs Maimi in the playoffs. So a level of softness can definelty be disputed. Not winning the close games should be squashed. Now, it's on to winning more playoff games and advancing further. Hopefully, this year will be different in a good way. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.