Robby Gordon: Patrick advantage unfair

JoeF

Running third, stalls the car in the pits-comes out 16th. Drives the friggen wheels off of it to get to 9th-all in traffic. Bangs wheels at 220 mph going through a corner, saves the car. Smashes up the nosecone on a re-start, never panics-plays it smart, doesn't lose a lap. Leads several laps with the fuel dialed back, no choice by to give it up-then takes it back on the re-start. worked the fuel until there was nothing but fumes in the tank-last couple of laps had no choice but to let them go by, or not finish. Still came in 4th.

I'm impressed, woman or not-a heck of a job by a rookie. And looked good fluffing her hair at the end. Didn't seem whuped at all. Looked like she had another 50 laps in her.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Wheldon (the winner) weighs 157 pounds.

http://www.danwheldon.com/driver_profile.cfm

Vitor Meira (the runner-up) weighs 141 pounds

http://www.rahal.com/drivers/meira/index.jsp

Bryan Herta (3rd place) weighs 155 pounds

http://www.indycar.com/drivers/driver.php?driver=198

Danica (4th) weighs 100 pounds

http://www.rahal.com/drivers/patrick/index.jsp

In addition, Tony Kanaan (the pole sitter) weighs 145 pounds.

See a trend here, Robbie! LOL! :)

p.s...robby gordon's an ass.  danica is at a disadvantage because even though she's built very very strong, she doesn't have the muscle to resist the g-forces that the ment do.  as i type this she's running around in the top 15, and while i hope she does well (i don't care who wins), don't be surprised if she puts it in the wall sometime in the final 1/4th of the race.  driver fatigue is always an issue at indy.

347479[/snapback]

Jester -- did you catch the end of the F-1 race this morning? Gotta feel bad for Kimi....you knew that tire was ready to go but I thought he'd squeeze one more lap out of it. And how the hell did he not hit Button on the spin out? Great race.

Robby Gordon won't try to pull his double race this year at Indy and Charlotte.  The race times have changed--making this more difficult--but he's also afraid of getting beat by a girl....she weighs less--and that's an unfair advantage???? Come on Robby--come up with something better than that...

Robby's a load, Danica's petite

347251[/snapback]

Biggest kitty ever!

Jeff

Yep,  she drove as well as anyone today.  She definitely proved that she belonged on that race track.  Had it not been for running low on fuel,  she might very well have proved that she belonged in victory lane.

347518[/snapback]

Yeah--but she also saved a pit stop by playing it that way.So--not really an excuse.Her pit crew--like letterman said---were magicians.That said---she is a little stud--an amazing little race car driver.

Dan Wheldon (the winner) weighs 157 pounds. 

http://www.danwheldon.com/driver_profile.cfm

Vitor Meira (the runner-up) weighs 141 pounds

http://www.rahal.com/drivers/meira/index.jsp

Bryan Herta (3rd place) weighs 155 pounds

http://www.indycar.com/drivers/driver.php?driver=198

Danica (4th) weighs 100 pounds

http://www.rahal.com/drivers/patrick/index.jsp

In addition, Tony Kanaan (the pole sitter) weighs 145 pounds.

See a trend here, Robbie! LOL! :)

347539[/snapback]

maybe they should weight them down.--like they do with the hawses.

What a loser! :) Maybe hes just jealous,because every time he tries to run both events,he fails miserably. Hes a good road course driver and thats it. He doesnt even belong in NASCAR imo.

I was rooting for Danica to pull it off today and she almost did! She proved she belongs and I hope to see her back next year! :lol:

Jester -- did you catch the end of the F-1 race this morning?  Gotta feel bad for Kimi....you knew that tire was ready to go but I thought he'd squeeze one more lap out of it.  And how the hell did he not hit Button on the spin out?  Great race.

347551[/snapback]

sure did! obviously i'm a bit of a renault fan so i was not unhappy with the result...but i felt bad for kimi...that was some harsh luck, even if it was a bit self-inflicted.

also, i have to admit alonso comes across like a tool sometimes...like shaking his fist last week whilst being fast by a much faster car that he had been shamelessly blocking. honestly, i wish fisi would get it together and star running up front again.

Running third, stalls the car in the pits-comes out 16th. Drives the friggen wheels off of it to get to 9th-all in traffic. Bangs wheels at 220 mph going through a corner, saves the car. Smashes up the nosecone on a re-start, never panics-plays it smart, doesn't lose a lap. Leads several laps with the fuel dialed back, no choice by to give it up-then takes it back on the re-start. worked the fuel until there was nothing but fumes in the tank-last couple of laps had no choice but to let them go by, or not finish. Still came in 4th.

I'm impressed, woman or not-a heck of a job by a rookie. And looked good fluffing her hair at the end. Didn't seem whuped at all. Looked like she had another 50 laps in her.

347519[/snapback]

Roger that ~

Roger that ~

347857[/snapback]

Watch it, You'll be called an inbred.

I've watched racing for more than 30 years. She impressed the hell out of me. And that is not because she is "cute". She can flat assed drive a race car.

She can flat assed drive a race car.

347886[/snapback]

it didnt seem too flat to me :doh:

Bu props to danica, that was a hell of a race by her...she drove well enough to win, but in the end didnt catch the little bit of luck thats often times needed...anyways, hell of a job...

I am one of those boys who know abslutely zero bout racing, either open wheel or Nascar. But, I did TIVO the indy, and thats a first for me. Again, I know nothing, put she looked liked she did a great job driving to me.

I realize that Robby is just a driver but you would think the guy has some idea on how the car actually works. Does he know how many horsepower that thing turns out?

I guess I should let my wife drive the Dakota in the future. Since she weighs less she will probably get better mpg. Thanks Robby!!

sure did!  obviously i'm a bit of a renault fan so i was not unhappy with the result...but i felt bad for kimi...that was some harsh luck, even if it was a bit self-inflicted. 

also, i have to admit alonso comes across like a tool sometimes...like shaking his fist last week whilst being fast by a much faster car that he had been shamelessly blocking.  honestly, i wish fisi would get it together and star running up front again.

347752[/snapback]

I hear you about Alonso, but I'm operating under the ABS theory this season (ANYONE BUT SCHUMAKER!). I can't wait to see how many tools have jumped off the Ferrari bandwagon when we go to Indy in 3 weeks.

maybe they should weight them down.--like they do with the hawses.

347574[/snapback]

Three days after NASCAR driver Robby Gordon and IRL driver Tony Kanaan sounded off on the racing benefits of lightweight driving, Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon also spoke out about the unfair advantage of the 100-pound Patrick.

"It certainly helps that she's light," Wheldon said from midtown's Hudson Hotel. "If it didn't, we wouldn't try to run the cars to the minimum weight. There's a rule there that states that the car has to be a certain weight and the driver doesn't. That works out for her perfectly."

"I think there will be [a weight mandate]," said Wheldon, who weighs 155 pounds. "There's such a difference. If you compare her to her teammate [Victor Meira, who is 141 pounds], it equates — over a lap at the Indianapolis Speedway — to about a mile an hour. So, with as close as the IndyCar series is, and equality between the different engine manufacturers and chassis manufacturers, I'm sure they'll do something."

"From talking to our technical staff, the weight is not an issue in oval-track racing," IRL spokesman John Griffin said. "There has been talk about doing something like they do in horse racing, where they weigh the horse and the jockey together. We'd be open to that now that we have more road courses and street races on our schedule."

IRL specifies that cars must weigh a minimum of 1,525 pounds before the fuel and driver are added, but do not have a minimum weight for drivers. In NASCAR, on the other hand, the minimum weight requirement includes the car and the driver.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/24637.htm