Robby Gordon: Patrick advantage unfair

JoeF

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh-oh...contact under caution...jeez she wrecked herself trying to keep her tires warm under caution.  ouch.

...too bad you can't change a nose cone in 5 secs like you can in formula 1.

347492[/snapback]

Looked to me like everyone checked up in front of her. I think the girl is doing a great job. I've seen guys who have done it for years with less composure. She's going to be a force in a couple years.

Looked to me like everyone checked up in front of her. I think the girl is doing a great job. I've seen guys who have done it for years with less composure. She's going to be a force in a couple years.

347494[/snapback]

I think that *may* have been the cause as well. Usually, that happens when someone gets on the gas too hard, but you could clearly hear that she was not hitting the throttle when it happened. It appears someone checked up and she got suprised by it.

At any rate, she is still showing in 9th.

I think that *may* have been the cause as well.  Usually,  that happens when someone gets on the gas too hard,  but you could clearly hear that she was not hitting the throttle when it happened.  It appears someone checked up and she got suprised by it. 

At any rate,  she is still showing in 9th.

347496[/snapback]

Danica just took the lead with 27 laps to go!!

Mike

No, she didn't pit. However, her earlier incident put her out of sequence with the rest of the field. It was close without the caution, but with it, she should make the finish and may be able to turn the fuel mixture up enough that she'll have the speed to overtake Wheldon for the lead with about 10 to go.

Thanks for the updates... i love watching sports history happen, Woods, Lakers (past few seasons), Jamal Lewis a few years back... sucks that my history lesson will have to come from a message board instead of at least a television set.

A fourth place finish for Danica...best ever for a female at Indy.

Nothing to be ashamed of...she will be back.

Dan Wheldon wins, the first Englishman to win at Indy since 1966. His car owner? Michael Andretti...who never won there as a driver.

Mike

A fourth place finish for Danica...best ever for a female at Indy.

Nothing to be ashamed of...she will be back.

Dan Wheldon wins, the first Englishman to win at Indy since 1966.  His car owner?  Michael Andretti...who never won there as a driver.

Mike

347509[/snapback]

Good day for the IRL. If Danica had three more gallons of fuel, they never would have touched her.

Eric Kuselias was talking on ESPN radio on Friday about how DP would have to finish higher than 9th to be worthy of all the hype, since 9th is the highest a woman (Janet Guthrie) has ever finished at Indy. I thought that was a lot, since I don't think that Guthrie was a rookie, but finishing 4th (where she started) is pretty damn impressive no matter WHO you are, much less a 20-year old 5'2" 100# rookie woman.

Eric Kuselias was talking on ESPN radio on Friday about how DP would have to finish higher than 9th to be worthy of all the hype, since 9th is the highest a woman (Janet Guthrie) has ever finished at Indy.  I thought that was a lot, since I don't think that Guthrie was a rookie, but finishing 4th (where she started) is pretty damn impressive no matter WHO you are, much less a 20-year old 5'2" 100# rookie woman.

347512[/snapback]

But... But... she was 100 lbs lighter... she should have won... :)

she made some rookie mistakes, but that's what happens to rookies.  all in all, it was a great drive.

347514[/snapback]

Sounds like it... wish i could have watched it... thanks for all your updates through the last quarter of the race.

she made some rookie mistakes, but that's what happens to rookies.  all in all, it was a great drive.

347514[/snapback]

Yep, she drove as well as anyone today. She definitely proved that she belonged on that race track. Had it not been for running low on fuel, she might very well have proved that she belonged in victory lane.