First Glance...Which Team Drafted Great!

Wizard

5 hours ago, BBFL said:

Personally the only problem I had with Houston’s draft was, as has been highlighted elsewhere multiple times, the gouging to move up to 3 from 12 in comparison for a simple one pick trade for AZ to get back up the board to 6. 

I mean, yeah, they paid a lot. 

But that's the way it works when you want to get into the top three from that far back. I don't think they get up there if they don't give up a future 1st. That's what you have to do if you want to go up that far and into the top three.

The bottom line is it'll be totally worth it if Anderson works out. And a total failure if he doesn't.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If Anderson busts, they will regret it. But I think that is pretty unlikely. Draft picks are a means to get good players. The texans had loads of capital and used some of it to get a really good player. 

They’ll regret it more when Stroud turns out to be average and they end up with a top 2 pick again with Caleb Williams and Drake Maye on the board.  Maybe they’ll be able to trade for Kyler after the cards take Caleb.  

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

One of the the Big winner in the draft was the Chiefs. Compare the offseason moves and draft in the AFC east, to already dismal chiefs competition in the AFC west.  It is not clear any AFC west team meaningfully improved itself in the offseason, Sean Payton notwithstanding. 

Chiefs DLine could be scary next year with all the additions.

9 hours ago, Wizard said:

I think the Eagles had a great draft. No doubt that Carter is a knucklehead, but his talent is legit, and he is going to a team with solid players already and a winning culture.  Add in Nolan Smith, Ringo, and then some guys who were productive players in college, I think they had a great draft.

I would give our Bills an "A" for the first 2 rounds and a "C" for rounds 3-7 at first glance.

I think that whenever you’re grading rounds three through seven you also have to factor in that being got draft picks for next year. This was not a particularly strong draft and next year’s draft supposed to be stronger.

We literally have 10 draft picks might have more if Brandon swings trades for some of these guards

4 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The Browns had a surprisingly great draft considering they didn't have a pick until the 3rd round, yet somehow managed to get Cedric Tillman, Siaki Ika, Dawand Jones, Isaiah McGuire, and Luke Wypler.

I worry about jones weighing 400 pounds as a tackle is not good I don’t care what anybody says

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.