RD 5, Pick 150: WR Justin Shorter, Florida

Chandler#81

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah why is this back up?

It will probably take a football miracle(read: a bunch of injuries) for DK Decaf to make this opening day roster with all the veteran scrubs they've guaranteed money to.

I hope he sees your post 

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah why is this back up?

It will probably take a football miracle(read: a bunch of injuries) for DK Decaf to make this opening day roster with all the veteran scrubs they've guaranteed money to.

I don't know, I think he's got a fairly even shot to make the roster. Every year under McDermott, save for last season, (where we carried extra DL to account for Von not starting the year and players we didn't want to cut) we've kept 6 or 7 WR's (generally accounting the 7th for Special Teams).

I see us keeping 6 this season. Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, MVS, and Hollins (mainly for ST and blocking abilities) seem locked in. Meaning one spot remains for Shorter, Claypool, Cephus, Hamler, and the rest of the UDFA/Futures Pool.

All things equal, I think Shorter has the edge being a 5th Round Draft investment. He'd have to look pretty poor in Camp and the Pre-Season for them to give up on him or Claypool and/or Cephus exceed expectations.

We've only outright cut a pick above Round 6 without being given a shot on the 53 once under McDermott. That was Vosean Joseph.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't know, I think he's got a fairly even shot to make the roster. Every year under McDermott, save for last season, (where we carried extra DL to account for Von not starting the year and players we didn't want to cut) we've kept 6 or 7 WR's (generally accounting the 7th for Special Teams).

I see us keeping 6 this season. Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, MVS, and Hollins (mainly for ST and blocking abilities) seem locked in. Meaning one spot remains for Shorter, Claypool, Cephus, Hamler, and the rest of the UDFA/Futures Pool.

All things equal, I think Shorter has the edge being a 5th Round Draft investment. He'd have to look pretty poor in Camp and the Pre-Season for them to give up on him or Claypool and/or Cephus exceed expectations.

We've only outright cut a pick above Round 6 without being given a shot on the 53 once under McDermott. That was Vosean Joseph.

It is not a lock they will keep 6.  In fact that is less likely than keeping 5.   IMO Shorter is outside looking in and it is not likely he figures it out.   

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

It is not a lock they will keep 6.  In fact that is less likely than keeping 5.   IMO Shorter is outside looking in and it is not likely he figures it out.   

After watching one JAG (Sherfield) and a guy who played like a JAG (Diggs) single-handedly screw up the divisional round game I think they opt for more quantity this year in the hopes that lightning strikes with a younger guy (shorter, claypool, hamler, whomever).  

Edited by SectionC3

12 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I look at the team having

22 offense ( 2QB, 3 RB/FB, 9 OL, 3 TE, 5 WR)

22 D ( 8 DL, 5LB, 9 DB)

6 ST ( K, P, LS, Returner, 2 ST captains)

3 open spots for injured players for in-season IR or rookies who likely can’t clear waivers 

I think only Coleman, Shakir, Samuel are safe.  One spot is eligible for a returner.

factors in the decision are things like PUP lists if you expect the player to be ready in season you utilize this in roster moves so you might not carry 1 more slot in initial 53 man roster because PUP list is adding that.

with MVS and Claypool  veterans they can go on PS or be cut then resigned due to in season IR moves.

• Like (+1) 1