All-In...Restructure and Solid Signings Needed

Wizard

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Who would you have wanted to sign on the OL?

They got a starting G, and they still need to replace Poyer and Edmunds...

They will need to roll the dice on a Tackle and WR in the Draft so lets hope they get lucky.. 

Didnt he start like 15 games last year?

Due to injury.  He was their backup

The window of an easier path to a championship has passed, the time to do that was on Josh's rookie deal. Now it's always going to be a cap battle, never will have quite as stacked of a roster because of the cap. Beane is going to have to start drafting better and get contributions from rookies 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They go all in every year.

"Championship or bust," though, is an absolutely horrible strategy when you have a 26-year-old Josh Allen. It would be completely nuts.

Luckily, it's against the philosophy that both McDermott and Beane have publicly announced from the beginning, every single time they are asked. Which is that they want to be competitive for a championship every year. With a young Josh Allen, that's possible. For a lot of years.

The last thing they should do is sacrifice the future for the present. Luckily, it's directly against their philosophy and way of working.

12 hours ago, Rigotz said:

All-in implies that you get one shot, then you’re screwed if it doesn’t work out.

That sounds like horrific team building.

Yes, that would be idiotic.

IMO all-in has two meanings. One is the one you refer to and the other is to be totally committed to something. 

I assumed OP meant completely committed. The Bills do that every year, I think. But yeah, if he meant the poker meaning of betting everything on one chance, sacrificing your future for your present, that's totally nuts with a young Josh Allen. If he was 39 or 40, now, it might be good strategy.

The Brits  mean "totally exhausted" when they say they are all in. I'm assuming that's not what OP meant.

• Like (+1) 1

I am sorry if my reference of being all-in was viewed from the term in poker that you bet everything. 

I just believe the Bills are being a little too conservative and need to be more aggressive in their strategy through free agency, drafting, and coaching now that they have shown their a playoff caliber team.

For example, safeties Epps and Ward were signed at like 6 million a year. I want Buffalo jumping in on a player like that if we are not resigning Poyer.

I know the Bills cover their draft picks, but with some money restructures, get a proven guard or a proven WR. I am willing for the Bills to trade a 2nd and say a 5th for Mike Evans because the Bills may not have a better window like this again. Yes, Josh makes it possible to be competitive each year, but Marino never got back. Elway only got there because he had all pros around him that carried him.

I want to know that McDermott and Beane are looking at OC and DC that aren't just rookie OC's or pals from the Panthers. I want Lavonte David or Wagner as a leader that keeps the defense competitive. And, if the Bills need to restructure some, give up a pick, or take a more aggressive call on a free agent, go for it.

I would rather the Bills win 1 championship and miss the next 4 years of the playoffs than win 7 more division titles only to fall short because our coaching, online, 2nd WR, or our investments in free agency and draft were not as diversified.

All-in for me means being a little more adaptable, flexible, and a willingness to change the approach a bit to at least summit the mountain once rather than being in the bridal party each year.

Bills will look a lot different in next 2-3 years. The window on what I will call Josh Allen Part I is almost closed and it's a really good window.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.