The OL: Where it Stands Right Now - Where does it need to go in FA and Draft?

ColoradoBills

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I think the best case - and still realistic - scenario is:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Bates

C - Morse plus a day 2 draft pick to take over in a year or two

RG - FA like Nate Davis (4/$30M)

RT - Brown plus competition like Jermaine Eluemunor (2/$8M)

Specific FA players aside.  It definitely is a scenario worth consideration.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Success said:

We really might not be THAT far off.  Morse is a solid center, and Dawkins is a solid LT.  Morse hasn't hinted at retiring, so he should be our starting C this year.

Personally, I still have some hope in Brown.  I think the injury set him back, and he has certainly had flashes of very good play.  It's not enough, but I'm not giving up on the idea that he could emerge as a solid starter this season w/ a full training camp.

They need to bring in legit competition at his position, and also address both guard spots.  Bates could potentially fill one of those, and be very good.  I see us bringing in 1 strong FA, and drafting 2 linemen in the 1st 3-4 rounds.

This sounds about right to me.  Very realistic approach that should yield some improvement on the line.

• Agree 1

Pulling out my final 2022 mock prior to the draft.  Just for fun.  Linderbaum would look like a nice anchor right about now.

Munford hasn't amounted to much though.  The Bills actually drafted Tenuta and let him go to waivers.  Now he's playing for the Packers.

1707440029_ScreenShot2023-02-19at11_21_24PM.thumb.png.e34883959590c6342b999f1133fc99db.png

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Then they are not committed. 

I too want OL improvement, but I think they can do that without a higher 1st round pick. If they pick OL in the 1st, I'd have it be at their current position and only if there wasn't better value at receiver.  Arguably, the Bills' issue will be more is their talent assessment than whether they get linemen in the (example) 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.