Hodgins or Gabe? Who will have the better career? (Poll)

KDIGGZ

Hodgins or Gabe? Who will have the better career?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better career?

• Isaiah Hodgins
    • Gabe Davis
    • Push

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Before this year Adams was catching over 65 percent of his passes. Let me know when Gabe gets to that level and I’ll stop ragging on him. 

Davis would have had 1600 yards if he had 180 targets like Adams.

no you keep focusing on the one stat--it's a great argument. forget all the productivity

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

no you keep focusing on the one stat--it's a great argument. forget all the productivity

Davis can’t get 180 targets because he struggles to beat single coverage. Adams is dealing with double coverage and he gets those targets, difference is him being elite while Gabe is average. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The way a guy gets lots of targets is he helps his team move the chains and sustain drives.

If a guy can't haul in contested balls or even drops them, he's not going to help his team move the chains and sustain drives.

If the team can't sustain drives, he won't get more targets

• Like (+1) 1

Davis came in with a limited route tree and that has not changed.  Hodkins is similar in talent.  Davis benefits from having a better QB.  Irked that they kept Kumerow over Hodkins.  I know about ST talent but I liked Hodkins game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The way a guy gets lots of targets is he helps his team move the chains and sustain drives.

If a guy can't haul in contested balls or even drops them, he's not going to help his team move the chains and sustain drives.

If the team can't sustain drives, he won't get more targets

He got a lot more targets than any previous season, despite a similar catch rate.  The vast majority of his catches are for 1st downs or TDs

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

Davis can’t get 180 targets because he struggles to beat single coverage. Adams is dealing with double coverage and he gets those targets, difference is him being elite while Gabe is average. 

We all know Davis isn't Adams.  But if half of Adams targets aren't caught, shouldn't the Raiders spread it around more?  Or just accept Adams's current catch rate for the production?

Edited by Mr. WEO

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

And still Gabe doubled his output on 11 more receptions. I wouldn't be bragging about that.

It was meant to be humorous, 👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.