1967 Buffalo Bills Team Highlights

Chandler#81

Yes, it’s a couple days early to begin off season video highlights, but with no dog in tomorrow’s game fight, I found this little gem to share. The video quality is among the very best from this era. Vibrant color showcasing the teams’ triumphs and travails. Gone were Daryl Lamonica and Glenn Bass, traded to Oakland for Tom Flores and Art Powell. Long time nemesis Keith Lincoln came aboard and Tom Janik had a fantastic season as our Defense maintained its dominance of the previous seasons. The 3-Peat Eastern Division Champs were over, but much hope still remained. 
Enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MarkyMannn said:

IDK. This the first year I started following the Bills. Few highlights and the start of a slide until Lou Saban came back. 

Well, of course. No one could have predicted the disaster and mayhem of the Rauch hiring. He’d just taken his team to the Super Bowl, ferchristsake. He completely gutted the teams’ experienced great players then lost his 2 best QBs through grueling practices and the walls and ceiling came crashing down on the team. He was fired too late and Ralph hired his buddy Harvey Johnson with zero experience as a coach. But we didn’t know this when the ‘67 season ended. 
🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, of course. No one could have predicted the disaster and mayhem of the Rauch hiring. He’d just taken his team to the Super Bowl, ferchristsake. He completely gutted the teams’ experienced great players then lost his 2 best QBs through grueling practices and the walls and ceiling came crashing down on the team. He was fired too late and Ralph hired his buddy Harvey Johnson with zero experience as a coach. But we didn’t know this when the ‘67 season ended. 
🤦‍♂️

My dad took me to WMS in 69 & Bill's lost 48-6, forget who, John Rauch fired that night

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

My dad took me to WMS in 69 & Bill's lost 48-6, forget who, John Rauch fired that night

It was 1968 and Joe Collier was fired after that Raiders game, the 2nd of the season.  Harvey Johnson coached rest of 1968 - with their only win vs SB winning Jets team.

Rauch was hired before 1969 season 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Cool video.  I love these season recaps from years gone by.  I was born in 74 so this was before my time but I thought I knew a good deal about Bills history - now I realize I didn't know enough.

Before I get to that - question that always had me curious.  Why in the Miami night game did they use a ball with stripes?  I've seen that ball in other NFL games as well.  Was it a rule that for night games a stripped ball had to be used?  Another thing that had me curious for years was it looks like the stripe was 3/4 a way around the ball?  Is that right?  

Other observations:  

• I had no idea Keith Lincoln ever played for the Bills.  I knew of the hit heard round the world by Stratton some years prior.
  • The old lineman 3 bar and long facemasks are awesome.  Some poster here has their avatar as one.  I always wanted to wear one playing youth football but my neck was never long enough and I'd complain that I couldn't look down when I wore it.  The angle they would protrude out at the bottom was so cool.  
  • The fields looked terrible quick. Chunks of grass all over.
  • They seemed to play many more snow games than I would expect.  I would assume the season back then didn't drag on as long as it does today either.
  • I had no idea the Broncos wore just plain blue helmets.  A couple of times I thought they were the Oilers.  
  • Also love the old horse collars.  
  • I'm guessing some of the reason for future futility was I never heard of any of the draft picks touted at the end of the video.

Was born in 1967 until 1978 the glory days of Buffalo. When I turned 11 years old Buffalo really fell hard and we really never got it back. I am just so blessed and fortunate I lived in the 1970’s growing up in Western New York we were the best once so at least I saw that before Western New York went down hill and our leadership is what it is today poor. I feel bad for the young Western New Yorker that doesn’t know what good is we were a first tier city once now we are a third tier city sad not even good enough to attract start up sports leagues.

Not one leader in Buffalo ever thought of Buffalo MLS that speaks volumes about Buffalo today. I don’t hear anyone look at acquiring even a Buffalo Destroyers return that speaks volumes what the elites really think of Buffalo as a investment. 

Look at Cincinnati in the past year they opened a beautiful new MLS stadium on Cincinnati West side, Cincinnati Bearcats got accepted into a Power 5 Conference the Big 12 Conference. What is Buffalo creating if it is so great today? Yes nothing we can’t afford to build a USL Division 2 Pro 10,000 soccer specific stadium in Buffalo but Des Moines is finding the money. Buffalo UB Stadium is one of the worst in FBS what are we doing? Nothing because our leaders really don’t believe in Buffalo like the people of Buffalo do that is really sad but the truth in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.