2023 Smarter Focus & Less Distractions?

corta765

21 hours ago, corta765 said:

The NFL will do what it wants with the schedule, but teams do have a sizable say in what they would like with the schedule. I am sure the Bills were informed in advance about being considered for Thanksgiving and had an option with that the same with the opening game. In 2023 the Bills already will have a game in London that is an adjustment in itself, but I would bet McD and crew would like to see a bit of scale bit to more of what the Bills had in 2021 three games outside of Sunday itself. 

I'm pretty sure this is not how scheduling works.

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Holy ***** corta I’m gonna make a sandwich and be right back. This is gonna take a while.

I hope that there are no life altering events next year like someone almost dying on the field in front of them right as they’re about to make the playoff push

Took the wind right out of their sails

Oh without a doubt Damar altered everything and there is not a fan or player who wouldn't trade everything this season so he lived. 

My general thought though is as a group the expectations mixed with the media hype and how they took it on may have been a detriment long term. You could never expect the season to have so much wild unexpectedly bad events happen either.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm pretty sure this is not how scheduling works.

Listen to Sal from WGR550 when he interview Mike North from the NFL. Teams directly make requests on what they want, doesn't mean they get anything but it is a factor.

Part of the reason the Bills for a long time did not host at night was because they know the fanbase likes 1pm games and many drive from hours away. The team being bad didn't help either, but the team does try to do its best for the fans in that regard.

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I don’t necessarily disagree there can be some truth to this I think it depends on the players and of course coaching.  

The Kelce brothers don’t have a problem.  

They also have rings. The pressure from the fan base, media, etc.. to get over the hump exists. Someone made a great point that if Rodgers career reversed where he won a ring at the very end how would we have viewed him up to that point and the pressure surrounding it. Josh especially has basically the weight of 60 years and a city on his shoulders and to his credit and why we love him he embraces it. But it gets heavy at times and that had to play a role as every obstacle imaginable appeared this year.

This club wasn't good enough to play the season as the Super Bowl favorites.  They're better doing the hunting rather than being hunted.

As we get into Fall 2023, the Bills may be slotted high in the power rankings but realistically they will be in the Tier of AFC teams behind the Chiefs and Bengals.  I think Buffalo will be in the mix with the Ravens, Chargers and Jags.  Maybe without the super high expectations they will overperform in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This club wasn't good enough to play the season as the Super Bowl favorites.  They're better doing the hunting rather than being hunted.

As we get into Fall 2023, the Bills may be slotted high in the power rankings but realistically they will be in the Tier of AFC teams behind the Chiefs and Bengals.  I think Buffalo will be in the mix with the Ravens, Chargers and Jags.  Maybe without the super high expectations they will overperform in the playoffs.

To be honest I think the Chiefs are alone as the alphas. CIN lucked out hard in the 21 playoffs between Tannehill throwing insanely bad INT's and the Chiefs failing to close. I think CIN is really really good, but KC is the top and then everyone else.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Oh without a doubt Damar altered everything and there is not a fan or player who wouldn't trade everything this season so he lived. 

My general thought though is as a group the expectations mixed with the media hype and how they took it on may have been a detriment long term. You could never expect the season to have so much wild unexpectedly bad events happen either.

Listen to Sal from WGR550 when he interview Mike North from the NFL. Teams directly make requests on what they want, doesn't mean they get anything but it is a factor.

Part of the reason the Bills for a long time did not host at night was because they know the fanbase likes 1pm games and many drive from hours away. The team being bad didn't help either, but the team does try to do its best for the fans in that regard.

Come on.  The NFL doesn't schedule games based on how convenient the commute is for fans.  It's about ratings.  The Bills had no national appeal so they stayed in their usual 1PM slot.   Now they do so they get more evening games. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Come on.  The NFL doesn't schedule games based on how convenient the commute is for fans.  It's about ratings.  The Bills had no national appeal so they stayed in their usual 1PM slot.   Now they do so they get more evening games. 

Not sure why you are arguing with me on this. Of course ratings play a role into how the schedule things, but teams are allowed a say on preferences for things and literally that has come from the mouth of the dude at the NFL who runs the whole setup.

27 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Not sure why you are arguing with me on this. Of course ratings play a role into how the schedule things, but teams are allowed a say on preferences for things and literally that has come from the mouth of the dude at the NFL who runs the whole setup.

I'm sure they entertain suggestions from the teams.  But commuting was not why Bills games were mainly (and still are) at 1pm.  The NFL puts games where the money is.  We both already knew this before you turned on the radio.

Here's North explaining how it really works:

Edited by Mr. WEO

15 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They did lose only 4 games. I will say the New York media obsession with the Jets quarterback and Miami and even New England will take attention away from them in their own division. 
So they can go about a normal football off season without a bullseye on their back. 

Maybe the media won't pay as much attention to them, but they will still have the bullseye on their back as far as the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats are concerned. They are still the team to beat in the division as they have won it three times in a row. I live in NJ, and I can tell you the Jets treated the games against the Bills as their personal Super Bowl. I would imagine it will be the same next year with all three teams wanting to take down the Bills.

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think one thing that can work in our favor is the expectations will fall off nationally. We are going to start to be looked at as paper tigers and behind the Bengals and Chiefs. I think being able to fall back into an “underdog” role might be good for us. A little motivation to show that we still have that juice. Might bring back a little intensity 

I swear to god, if I hear someone say so and so “ brings the juice” one more time…,  my brain is gonna f ing explode, such a weak turn of phrase, 

get off my f ing lawn already, 

GO BILLS!!!

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I swear to god, if I hear someone say so and so “ brings the juice” one more time…,  my brain is gonna f ing explode, such a weak turn of phrase, 

get off my f ing lawn already, 

GO BILLS!!!

Carries the juice.....? :)

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.