2nd half of the Green Bay game on…

Lenigmusx

On 1/23/2023 at 10:40 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep we're all coming out of the woodwork....

How many pointed to that game months ago and said that something was wrong, only to be shouted down by the "Pro McD" crowd? 

Do a search and as I've said there were many saying those catchphrases "Just Win" "Winning in the NFL is tough" "We have targets on our backs and teams take their best shots", "13-3" anytime the GB and any game after the bye came up...... 

it'd be interesting to look back at some of the threads the week after the GB game.

It wasn't the X's and O's it was the Jimmy's and Joe's.

Teams adapted to limit what the Bills had..........but the Bills didn't have the personnel to make the changes and be better for it.

Add in the Allen injury and they never got all the way back but were still the league's second highest scoring team.

I think there are just a lot of disillusioned fans who felt certain that Gabe Davis was going to be a stud and that Isaiah McKenzie was going to break out from the shadow of Cole Beasley and still can't accept that they were wrong about the talent.

Organizationally, the Bills put too much stock in Davis and Dawson Knox raising their games and Jamison Crowder bouncing back.

Instead they got very similar iterations of those players that had been seen in the prior year..........but instead of Davis and Knox being the 3rd/4th or 5th options in the passing game they became the clear cut 2 and 3.

And they were good enough to score a lot of points that way but not good enough to be among the final 4 teams..........all who were loaded with playmakers.

The Bills peaked after their blow out win against the Titans in week 2. I had never felt like I was flying higher as a Bills fan than after those two wins to start the season and meeting and exceeding the Super Bowl expectations. That was the last time they truly met and exceeded their lofty pre-season expectations. They would go on to beat the Chiefs a few weeks later but there were a couple of ugly games and a ton of injuries mixed in between. 

• Agree 1

On 1/23/2023 at 9:11 AM, Kaenon said:

It's incredible that we had an 8-game win streak to end the season and win a playoff game but it all had been unraveling for 10-11 weeks.

And I actually kind of agree despite winning all those games. Ugh. 

The win streak was smoke and mirrors - ugly wins against mediocre teams. They were able to duck the one good team during that streak who were quite clearly primed to blow them out.

• Agree 1

They never make in game or quarterly adjustments.  And if they do they're lame and inconsequential.  I've never been impressed with McDermott's style of game day coaching.  He gets an A for player relationships and all that culture/ process BS.  But when the game starts, it's like he's locked in to his weekly game-plan and nothing else. It's like instead of the first drive being scripted, the whole damn game is scripted. And if S#!+ isn't working just keep doing the same.  Playoff games are even worse.

50 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

You kept thinking it would click for a whole game but never did after first half of Green Bay. O Line and a legit WR2 and we could be ok next year…brutal schedule and all. Really can’t wait for off season to really start as not too hopeful now. 

This seasons schedule is brutal.  It might be our toughest schedule in a decade. 10 games against playoff caliber teams.  I don't imagine the Bills will have the emotional drama to experience like last year, but the schedule is daunting. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.