Would you consider the Boogie Basham pick to be a disappointment?

JohnNord

23 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I can't understand why anyone would think that Beanre is in charge of the draft. It just seems SO apparent to me that McDermott makes these calls. 

McDermott traded away the pick for Mahomes by trading down for a cornerback before Breane was even hired. no?

Here we go again with the Mahomes pick. No one thought he would be what he is today. Besides…I think the plan all along was to maneuver to get their guy in 2018. 

10 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I do. But I also think McD is in his ear a lot. 

I am going to politely disagree. McDermott is a defensive coach and I think this explains the amount of defensive players drafted and even traded up for, and the neglect at the WR and OL positions. 

I cannot think of any other explanation.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am going to politely disagree. McDermott is a defensive coach and I think this explains the amount of defensive players drafted and even traded up for, and the neglect at the WR and OL positions. 

I cannot think of any other explanation.

I honestly think Beane has the final say. We will learn a lot this draft. 

On 1/2/2023 at 2:57 AM, uticaclub said:

Whaley was not a good GM at all, but Beane was still employed by Carolina when Hyde & Poyer were signed and this team is 500 without Allen

If Allen was a bust then Beane is in trouble no doubt. Too many drafted players high not panned out if we don't have the QB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.