Public Dissatisfied With Government

<note for sensitive, kind people>

Rhetorical question, please don't be offended. Or, you can be offended if you want, just don't share it with me.  :w00t:

</note for sensitive, kind people>

343420[/snapback]

<further note for sensitive, kind people>

When JSP talks about culling humans via natural selection, he's most likely talking about you anyway.

</further note for sensitive, kind people>

:doh:

And it's all because the average American really is an idiot.

343408[/snapback]

They have a tough time grasping the concept that the questions are designed to give specific results. Change the wording of the question, and the results will change.

You have bias when writing the questions and you have bias when interpreting the results.

<further note for sensitive, kind people>

When JSP talks about culling humans via natural selection, he's most likely talking about you anyway.

</further note for sensitive, kind people>

:w00t:

343424[/snapback]

<note to the brainiac>

I was talking about culling them by means of "artificial" selection. :doh:

</note to the brainiac>

So, in other words, what happened last November wasn't so much a mandate for Karl Rove and his cronnies, as it was a resounding "NO" to John Kerry!  I can live with that...there is still hope!

342196[/snapback]

Pretty much, and I agree. I really hope a moderate republican (like a McCain) gets elected to president in 2008.

Or at least a sensible Democrat. While there might be a decent amount of sensible Democrats idea wise, I mean a sensible Democrat politically!

Pretty much, and I agree.  I really hope a moderate republican (like a McCain) gets elected to president in 2008.

Or at least a sensible Democrat.  While there might be a decent amount of sensible Democrats idea wise, I mean a sensible Democrat politically!

346111[/snapback]

I have no problem with the moderate Republican idea (although I am not sure how many of them will be left in 2008), but as someone who was always a big fan of John McCain, he really disappointed me a lot this past election.

It wasn't because he is a Republican and was backing a candidate that I could never support, but the manner in which he did it. It was the first time, in all the time I have been following McCain, where I felt he was "just another politician" talking out of both sides of his mouth. I would have voted for him any other time, but I now have serious doubts about his integrity. It was the one thing I always felt he had going for him, over any candidate, from any party. What the Bush campaign did to him in the 2000 Republican primaries was disgraceful. McCain, rightfully, took great offense to it. Then, he turned right around and supported Bush, and watched him do the same thing to Kerry. McCain didn't just give Bush a partisan endorsement, which would have been understandable (after all, in the end McCain is a good soldier) but he practically fellated the guy at every opportunity.

As someone with a family that has a long standing history with the military, the whole Bush (of all people) questioning McCains miltary record, and then using the same tact agaisnt Kerry is/was an all-time new low for politics in America. Kerry had plenty of other problems. Now, every time I see McCain, whether on Jay Leno, or the network news, I can't help but feel I am watching someone angling for his next job.

McCain isn't a moderate, he's a RINO. Always wants to compromise instead of doing what is right.

I'm dissatisified with the dems doing EVERYTHING for politics instead of what is right for the country. They lost power in the congres after having it for 40 years andwill do anything to get it back.

that poll failed to gauge one important factor

what percentage of the public is satisfied with their Hotpockets®

347399[/snapback]

HAM'N CHEESE! ding...PIZZA ROLL! ding...

Did you say something?

Hmmmm...Middle East policy press conference or American Idol?

...American Idol. (click)

Unfortunately I think you're right.

347495[/snapback]

Unfortunately? Why? It says in your profile that you're 20 or so, help me out here, why would McCain be a good candidate?

It says you were born in 1985, please tell me why, in your vast experence why McCain should be the nominee for the republican party in 08.

Did you say something?

347401[/snapback]

who'd want to watch a mid east policy press conference. that conflict over there is so depressing. i mean if you want conflict, take a look at whats happening to Jessica and Nick

DING, my Pepperoni Pizza HotPocket ® is done

Unfortunately? Why? It says in your profile that you're 20 or so, help me out here, why would McCain be a good candidate?

It says you were born in 1985, please tell me why, in your vast experence why McCain should be the nominee for the republican party in 08.

347555[/snapback]

You're profile says you were born in 1913. That would make you what, 92 years old? Shouldn't you be senile by now? :doh:

I think McCain would be a good candidate for the simple fact that I agree with him on a lot of the issues (more then any conservative Republican), he would have significant crossover appeal to independents and democrats, and the evangelicals sure as hell aint gonna vote for a Democrat.

Did you say something?

347401[/snapback]

I'd rather watch reruns of Nova on PBS, or a couple hours of the history channel than Un-American Idol....which is a VERY fitting name for people getting money they HAVENT earned!!

I'd rather watch reruns of Nova on PBS, or a couple hours of the history channel than Un-American Idol....which is a VERY fitting name for people getting money they HAVENT earned!!

347852[/snapback]

And well you should.

I'm of the school that if you don't learn your history, you are doomed to repeat it.