Viking Radio Announcers Need to start their own Comedy Hour

Big Turk

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Worse than the Boston Bruin hockey announcers  

Nah, these guys are funny and on the mark with their comments.

Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are so biased they don't even call things remotely objectively anymore.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

The Vikings guy is the best I've heard around the league, but this was a little over the top. This is the first time he seemed unprofessional. He sounded too much like a fan in the booth when he started yelling "cheaters." 

He's clearly going for a certain style of announcing intended to be entertaining and beyond a straight up play by play guy.

To be honest, I think these guys are great.  No one is ever allowed to be funny when it comes to NFL broadcasting.  It's all serious and everyone's wearing a suit.  Why?

How about being funny, fun, and entertaining?

"How is this guy even in the league?"

I asked that for 19 weeks last season. I still don't have an answer for you. He is ***** useless.

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

To be honest, I think these guys are great.  No one is ever allowed to be funny when it comes to NFL broadcasting.  It's all serious and everyone's wearing a suit.  Why?

Agreed. Give me Matt "you can't even fart on him" Millen - Bills @ Dolphins week 2 in 2021 over Tony "this is eeeeeeet Jiiiiiiiiiim" Romo every single day. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I don't have that but here's the Pats announcers calling the loss against the Raiders. 

Zolak is such a tool. When they were dominating he was the most arrogant guy I've ever heard, which is funny when you consider how bad he was as a QB. Now he just sounds sad and angry, which is great

I have no love for Zolak but this a pretty honest call.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I don't have that but here's the Pats announcers calling the loss against the Raiders. 

Zolak is such a tool. When they were dominating he was the most arrogant guy I've ever heard, which is funny when you consider how bad he was as a QB. Now he just sounds sad and angry, which is great

I have no love for Zolak but this a pretty honest call.

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Nah, these guys are funny and on the mark with their comments.

Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are so biased they don't even call things remotely objectively anymore.

He's clearly going for a certain style of announcing intended to be entertaining and beyond a straight up play by play guy.

I've always thought they were entertaining and funny. Definitely my favorite of all the local commentators I've heard. But this got a little sad. He sounded more unhinged than normal. You can be funny/entertaining and still keep your cool.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.