Play of the year Nominee

djp14150

He's Right, you know:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/12/22/sports/mac-jones-other-patriots-have-shown-surprising-lack-respect-their-coaches/

By all accounts, there were no orders from Bill Belichick or Matt Patricia to lateral the ball and try to create a scoring play. As the play unfolded, Patricia could be seen clapping and then raising his hands high, trying to get the players’ attention to stop the craziness and just end the play.

Whether it was premeditated or spur of the moment, the players came up with their own plan — a brazen lack of respect for the coaching staff. Since when do the Patriots go off-script and do things not instructed by Belichick and the coaches? Certainly not in the glory days.

When a team is 7-7 and fading out of the playoff picture, it’s understandable to see a little finger-pointing and blame-shifting. But whether the players truly believe in Patricia and their coaches, they are still the coaches, and players still should be mindful of showing more respect in public.

“It’s a team game and it always will be,” center David Andrews said Wednesday. “I think the minute you start trying to blame somebody, without taking a look at yourself, saying, ‘What I can do better?’ That’s a bad place to be as a human.”

Regarding the play where NE gave the win to the Raiders with their desperation lateraling for no reason...

How does anyone explain that?

The only thing I can think of is that at least the first guy who started to lateral thought they were losing on the scoreboard.

Other than that, there is no explanation for it.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

How does anyone explain that?

The only thing I can think of is that at least the first guy who started to lateral thought they were losing on the scoreboard.

That is exactly it right there. If the Pats were losing this doesn't even matter. 

It clearly wasn't called from the sideline. Stevenson's lateral just triggered muscle memory for Meyers in that split second.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.