OL Pass blocking was terrible times vs. NE & Drops - But a comfortable win

Billsfan1972

On 12/2/2022 at 7:08 AM, PatsFanNH said:

The play got me was the opening drive 3rd down and he is scrambling and he shovel passes it to Singletary? For the first down just before going over the line of scrimmage and he got plastered as he passed it..  I was like Damn the D can’t buy a break! Allen did amazing last night.. (still can’t believe the jump and throw for a TD..)

That was Nyheim Hines.  21 yd play.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/2/2022 at 3:43 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Way too many threads so two quick observations.

I seldom pay close attention, but yesterday the pass blocking seemed terrible at times with the strip fumble being one of many whiffs yesterday (and a holding penalty that cost the Bills 7).  Got to clean that up.

And the Bills must have dropped 5 passes minimum last night (Knox, Singletary, Gabe & even Diggs).

See both Davis & Diggs @ 6 drops (though Davis has a 10% drop rate).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/receiving_advanced.htm

Love Diggs, but there have been times I've seen him mistime some leaps and drop catchable balls.  Yesterday a 20 yarder on 3rd down and one that was not talked about enough with 4 minutes to go vs. Minnesota on 3rd down the exact same type of pass that forced a punt and all contributed to the end of that game.

Can't do that when games are on the line and as the playoffs approach.  

Notice you haven't been on this site for a good number of hours.  Were you not happy with today's results?

Was wondering what your insightful opinion was of the Chiefs and Dolphins OL and their respective dropped passes?

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Notice you haven't been on this site for a good number of hours.  Were you not happy with today's results?

Was wondering what your insightful opinion was of the Chiefs and Dolphins OL and their respective dropped passes?

Wonder what their fans are saying?  Sure they're concerned.

Yes some bad drops.

The OL what I saw Thursday was outright miffs and people falling down as opposed to great defensive plays.

So official (or at least according to this site) 5 drops week 13.....

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php?team=BUF&range=week&week=13

So Allen has 27 drops (or 2/wk) & as a comp.

Burrow 21

Manhomes 25

Jackson 26

Hurts 19

Brady 24

Rodgers 28

Carr 18

Herbert 27

Dallas 15

Tua 20

As said I just pointed out that Week 13 was a bad week for drops.

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Rather I start a new thread????😉😝

Just confirming the 5 drops (vs. your 4) and thought the QB comps were interesting.  

Got you to look however😝

i mentioned 4 drops to show how pointless this thread is.  4, 5, 3 drops.  no one cares anymore.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.