The news media is not biased

Obvoiusly with your open mind you have read her books.

In Slander, for example, she has 35 pages of footnotes for a 250 page book.

The libs have poured over it and have found two insignifigant mistakes.

She hits the target and you just don't like it.

ann coulter = rj = satan = td

340088[/snapback]

Funny I know a guy in my town who is a conservative writer- Dan Sargis. He is friends with Ann and has offered to introduce me next time she is in town. They went to school together and Dan says Ann is a great women. She has missed flights on purpose so she could keep talking to college kids. Dont beleive everything you read in Newsweek. Ann is not the devil

Obvoiusly with your open mind you have read her books.

In Slander, for example, she has 35 pages of footnotes for a 250 page book.

The libs have poured over it and have found two insignifigant mistakes.

She hits the target and you just don't like it.

340838[/snapback]

Okay first off let's get a few things straight:

Footnote

Endnote

There is a difference and Ann apparently doesn't know it.

As for 35 pages of "footnotes", so what. Just because there are 35 pages of them, doesn't make everything she says true. Have you ever tried fact checking?

2 insignificant mistakes?!? :blink:

Okay first off let's get a few things straight:

Footnote

Endnote

There is a difference and Ann apparently doesn't know it.

As for 35 pages of "footnotes", so what. Just because there are 35 pages of them, doesn't make everything she says true.  Have you ever tried fact checking?

2 insignificant mistakes?!?  :blink:

341109[/snapback]

35 pages for a book that's only 250 pages long? Did she write the book or "compile" it?

35 pages for a book that's only 250 pages long?  Did she write the book or "compile" it?

341198[/snapback]

Let's be careful before we go down that road Campy. Otherwise we then open up a whole new can of worms such as:

"What compiler did she use?" :huh:

"Isn't said compiler full of bugs?!?" B-)

"Did she have code optimization turned on?" :doh:

"Why didn't she use such and such compiler?" :blink:

As you can no doubt see, something questions are better left unanswered :lol:

35 pages for a book that's only 250 pages long?  Did she write the book or "compile" it?

341198[/snapback]

Not unreasonable. Knowing that every word will be critiqued and be used against her if she cannot back it up, it is only wise for her to footnote the hell out of the book.

If I were to take my papers for class, and extrapolate to 250 pages, it would come out to 50 pages of footnotes. Every fact and point of data is noted.

341198[/snapback]

One page of notes for every seven of text? I've got books here that go well beyond that. Just picked up one in front of me, a study of the Red Army's mobilization in 1941-1943...one page of end notes for every six of text. Just pulled another off the bookshelf - Laurie Garrett, Betrayal of Trust - has one page of notes for every four of text. Just randomly picked out another: a study of air power in Gulf War I Act I, 300 pages of text, 65 of end notes. A study of WWII air ops in the North Sea: 280 pages, 65 of end notes. 35 pages of notes for 250 of text isn't all that much.

The difference being, of course, that the books I referenced are deep scholarly works. Not written by Ann Coulter. :blink:

I often read Anne Coulter and wonder if she believes  her own excrement, or has she just found a niche product that sells? I think it is the latter.

anywho... CJR take on the footnotes:

http://cjr.org/issues/2002/6/slander-scherer.asp

341393[/snapback]

What a niche!... Gotta hand it to her. A venom spewing chick!

Sure beats the blue suits and wing-tips!

:blink:

Does anybody want to respond with a comment about the "truthfulness" of the original article I linked or to my sarcastic thesis that "the news media is not biased"?

I put in another response trying to see if anyone would see the truth for what it is regardless of who the messenger was.

But, most just decided to attack the author of the article.

Does anybody want to respond with a comment about the "truthfulness" of the original article I linked or to my sarcastic thesis that "the news media is not biased"?

I put in another response trying to see if anyone would see the truth for what it is regardless of who the messenger was.

But, most just decided to attack the author of the article.

341444[/snapback]

Even if it is factual (probably is, Coulter's usually careful about that), it's probably not truthful (as Coulter's also very careful to express factuals in ways that support her long-standing agenda).

I don't even have to read it to figure that out, I just have to know it's Ann Coulter.

Even if it is factual (probably is, Coulter's usually careful about that), it's probably not truthful (as Coulter's also very careful to express factuals in ways that support her long-standing agenda).

I don't even have to read it to figure that out, I just have to know it's Ann Coulter.

341473[/snapback]

So jim, the next time someone posts something here by Michael Moore, will you watch it and read it? You could find the parts that are true regardless of the messenger's spin on it!

I'm not a Christian in the traditional sense, but I definitely am close to people I would say are Christians for all the right reasons.  People like Ann Coulter just use it as an identifier and source of power, but don't live out any principles of love or faith.  The prospect of a world of Christians like her is frightening to say the least.

340690[/snapback]

Ding ding ding ding! :blink: