Are they over-coaching Allen?

Success

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I definitely think he is tentative in the pocket. He is holding the ball too long again. You always need to worry with Josh when he is holding the ball inside the pocket. If he is holding it escaping, fine, but inside the pocket he is at his best when he is decisive and the ball is out. I will want to see the all22. Are guys just not open, are we not giving him simple reads? 

One think I think I am seeing from the tv view is fewer route concepts designed to give Josh a single defender read. It was something Daboll was excellent at designing, e.g. a shallow out and a tight end corner route.... if the defender sits on the shallow out then throw the corner route in behind to the tight end or vice versa. Not saying Josh can only deal with single defender reads either before people jump down my throat, but he is an always has been rhythm Quarterback. When he gets cooking and dialled in he is hard to stop. You have to design some of those plays to get him cooking. 

Felt like the gameplan yesterday was to involve Knox more... they targeted him 2 or 3 times early and then got away from it again. I have to believe that McDermott and Beane are telling Dorsey he has to use their expensive tight end much more than he is. 

I said this in another thread but Dorsey hasn’t show the creativity Daboll did. Daboll would lean on things like jet motion to get the offense churning a bit. Outside tosses.

And sure some of that stuff gets cutesy and it can be the wrong call. But yesterday we needed someone other then Josh to take the lead bc he wasn’t on his game. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, MJS said:

Allen drank his own kool-aid. He just needs to focus and get back to work and forget that he is a superstar.

this really isnt fair. he got too big for his britches?  thats the issue? its not and a ridiculous take. fans turning on a guy the first sign of struggles, and point at what? 3 commercials that he shot in the offseason, while his agent handles all the behind the scene stuff, including his quarterly twitter post (unless its literally a one word "no" or "nope"). "fans" that think that was really should be embarrassed, and i mean it. comes off as the lowest form of envy/vitriol.

dudes has to not have a party with his friends, in case he happens to have a bad week?  he cant shoot a commercial in the offseason because he might have a stinker of a game two of 17 games?

dude has shouldered every drop of blame that has come this teams way, and 99% of the those have had nothing to do with his performance.

has a stinker yesterday, is the first to take the strongest accountability ive seen from any player this year.

oh, and when we wreck a team by 3 scores, where does the credit go? he gives it to everyone around him. GROW UP

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.