Bills 19th in ESPN Pre-Season Power Ranking

Dredw Bledsoe cost us that game. Asking a defense to continually cover for a quarterback giving points away to a 14-1 team is begging for a loss. I STILL get a huge chuckle when guys like you blame that Pittsburgh game on our defense.  :D  :flirt:  :lol:  :lol:

338985[/snapback]

The D let a 3rd stringer 5" 7" RB run roughshod over us....Especially at

the beginning of the 4th qtr, the Time of Possession was excatly the same

and then they had the 12 minute drive....

And even in the 1st qtr, Tommy Maddox was playing with our D-line

completing 7 passses on the trot during one drive.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They re-signed C Brabham for 2 years, and Palmer has dropped 20 lb from last season.  They started their unofficial camp 3 or so weeks ago - vets included.

338983[/snapback]

I believe I saw the Bengals win @ Baltimore on the telly last year. Palmer was flawless in the 2nd half. That kid is going to be a damn good QB. Chad Johnson, TJ WhosYourDaddy, Rudi Johnson, decent line, improving D. Marvin Lewis will get that team into the playoffs soon.

The D let a 3rd stringer  5" 7" RB run roughshod over us....Especially at

339007[/snapback]

Newsflash, Tommy Maddox is better than Big Ben. They won because of thier running game, not because of Ben Rothwhatever.

The D let a 3rd stringer  5" 7" RB run roughshod over us....Especially at

339007[/snapback]

Don't forget, though, that Maddox was the starter for Pittsburgh before he got hurt and Rothlesberger took over. They had a lot of depth at a lot of other positions, too. Pittsburgh's "scrubs" weren't exactly scrubs last year...

behind such power houses as Dallas, Cinci, & Detroit.  DETROIT!!!  We were the lowest ranked team with a winning record.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

338805[/snapback]

Judging by the relative positions and write-ups for Dallas and Buffalo, ESPN determined their relative and absolute positions based on one thing: Drew Bledsoe.

Which is beyond stupid, beyond !@#$ing stupid, even beyond Paris Hilton stupid, and into Joe Theisman territory...

I STILL get a huge chuckle when guys like you blame that Pittsburgh game on our defense.  :D  ;)  :lol:  :lol:

338985[/snapback]

I get an even bigger chuckle when clowns like you continue to blame the loss on Bledsoe. It was a total team meltdown.

Dredw Bledsoe cost us that game. Asking a defense to continually cover for a quarterback giving points away to a 14-1 team is begging for a loss. I STILL get a huge chuckle when guys like you blame that Pittsburgh game on our defense.  :D  ;)  :lol:  :lol:

338985[/snapback]

I can't put the blame for the Pittsburgh loss entirely on one player or unit. That was truly a team loss. Why?

1. You can't blame Drew for a 3rd string RB running all over us or being unable to stop the Steelers on 3rd downs.

2. You can't blame the defense for Lindell missing a 28 yard FG.

3. You can't blame Lindell for the OL breakdowns that happened throughout the game.

4. It surely isn't the OL's fault that Drew wouldn't make some decisions, like getting rid of the ball instead of looking to make that big play (which cost us points courtesy of James Harrison).

See? Everyone had a hand in that loss. I know, as I was there, sitting right next to this annoying Steeler fan.

I get an even bigger chuckle when clowns like you continue to blame the loss on Bledsoe. It was a total team meltdown.

339052[/snapback]

Awwwww...did you get your feelings hurt???? Our QB coughed up 13 points skippy. Drew was reason 1, 2 and 3 why we lost. Our defense was reason number 4...just deal with it.

Judging by the relative positions and write-ups for Dallas and Buffalo, ESPN determined their relative and absolute positions based on one thing: Drew Bledsoe.

Which is beyond stupid, beyond !@#$ing stupid, even beyond Paris Hilton stupid, and into Joe Theisman territory...

339051[/snapback]

nice, CTM i hafta swipe that quote for my sig...its great... ;):D

Awwwww...did you get your feelings hurt???? Our QB coughed up 13 points skippy. Drew was reason 1, 2 and 3 why we lost. Our defense was reason number 4...just deal with it.

339079[/snapback]

Why would I get my feeling hurt??? I'm a Bills fan ... not a fan of any one player. You sound kind of cranky ... maybe it's nappy time son.

Why would I get my feeling hurt??? I'm a Bills fan ... not a fan of any one player. You sound kind of cranky ... maybe it's nappy time son.

339089[/snapback]

You have to remember there are folks around here that believe everything was Drew's fault. Clements fumble in the Pittsburgh game was Drew's fault. Clements not knocking down the balls against JAX was Drew's fault, all four times. Travis's fumble, all Drew's fault, Willis tipping the ball against Baltimore , all Drew's fault. Mularky getting completely outcoached by Pittsburgh all Drew's fault. Our defenses inability to stop 3rd stringer's was all Drew's fault. Travis tripping on every yard line especially against the Raiders, was Drew fault. Travis running the wrong direction against New England and knocking the ball out of Drew's hand was Drew's fault. The defense letting the Jet's march down the field at the end of the game was all Drew's fault.

You have to remember there are folks around here that believe everything was Drew's fault.  Clements fumble in the Pittsburgh game was Drew's fault.  Clements not knocking down the balls against JAX was Drew's fault, all four times.  Travis's fumble, all Drew's fault, Willis tipping the ball against Baltimore , all Drew's fault.  Mularky getting completely outcoached by Pittsburgh all Drew's fault.  Our defenses inability to stop 3rd stringer's was all Drew's fault.  Travis tripping on every yard line especially against the Raiders, was Drew fault.  Travis running the wrong direction against New England and knocking the ball out of Drew's hand was Drew's fault.  The defense letting the Jet's march down the field at the end of the game was all Drew's fault.

339117[/snapback]

I think an often overlooked aspect of that game was just how long our Defense was on the field in the first and second QTRs. It was absolutely pathetic...any time they looked like they'd get a rest, our special teams or offense would screw up and send the defense right back out there.

While they clearly should have been better against a bunch of backups, its a little more understandable when you realize they had basically played an entire football game by halftime.

Dont get me wrong, its not all on the Defense. In fact, I'd put more on Bledsoe than on our D, but it was an entire team meltdown. I dont think it'll happen again though, this team is too good to let that type of thing trip them up two seasons in a row.

I think that all of us are big fans of Mularkey and the toughness and creative play-calling that Clements used last year. The only drawback was that they were inexperienced and, at times (like against the Steelers), they made some dumb calls that you can chalk up to their limited experience at HC and OC. With a year under their belts, and two offseasons to perfect their craft, I think we'll be even more happy with the coaching decisions.

And as for the #19 ranking...good! I always find the Bills do better when no one expects them to do anything. Hell, the Bills seem to LOVE to go 0-3 and 0-4 and then surge for that last playoff spot, just to get us excited. Besides, some of the teams that are ranked above us, we demolished last season...its all about offseason hype.

You have to remember there are folks around here that believe everything was Drew's fault.  Clements fumble in the Pittsburgh game was Drew's fault.  Clements not knocking down the balls against JAX was Drew's fault, all four times.  Travis's fumble, all Drew's fault, Willis tipping the ball against Baltimore , all Drew's fault.  Mularky getting completely outcoached by Pittsburgh all Drew's fault.  Our defenses inability to stop 3rd stringer's was all Drew's fault.  Travis tripping on every yard line especially against the Raiders, was Drew fault.  Travis running the wrong direction against New England and knocking the ball out of Drew's hand was Drew's fault.  The defense letting the Jet's march down the field at the end of the game was all Drew's fault.

339117[/snapback]

I thought that was all your fault.

I think an often overlooked aspect of that game was just how long our Defense was on the field in the first and second QTRs.  It was absolutely pathetic...any time they looked like they'd get a rest, our special teams or offense would screw up and send the defense right back out there.

While they clearly should have been better against a bunch of backups, its a little more understandable when you realize they had basically played an entire football game by halftime. 

Dont get me wrong, its not all on the Defense.  In fact, I'd put more on Bledsoe than on our D, but it was an entire team meltdown.  I dont think it'll happen again though, this team is too good to let that type of thing trip them up two seasons in a row.

I think that all of us are big fans of Mularkey and the toughness and creative play-calling that Clements used last year.  The only drawback was that they were inexperienced and, at times (like against the Steelers), they made some dumb calls that you can chalk up to their limited experience at HC and OC.  With a year under their belts, and two offseasons to perfect their craft, I think we'll be even more happy with the coaching decisions.

And as for the #19 ranking...good!  I always find the Bills do better when no one expects them to do anything.  Hell, the Bills seem to LOVE to go 0-3 and 0-4 and then surge for that last playoff spot, just to get us excited.  Besides, some of the teams that are ranked above us, we demolished last season...its all about offseason hype.

339128[/snapback]

Good point, one overlooked by the people bashing the defense. The Offense did NOTHING in that game. They stunk worse than at any time under Bledsoe's "leadership". It was pathetic. A High School defense could have stopped them that day.

I can't put the blame for the Pittsburgh loss entirely on one player or unit.  That was truly a team loss.  Why?

1.  You can't blame Drew for a 3rd string RB running all over us or being unable to stop the Steelers on 3rd downs.

2.  You can't blame the defense for Lindell missing a 28 yard FG.

3.  You can't blame Lindell for the OL breakdowns that happened throughout the game.

4.  It surely isn't the OL's fault that Drew wouldn't make some decisions, like getting rid of the ball instead of looking to make that big play (which cost us points courtesy of James Harrison).

See?  Everyone had a hand in that loss.  I know, as I was there, sitting right next to this annoying Steeler fan.

339072[/snapback]

Best post in this thread, I was there too R.Rich and I completly agree with your assessment.

But just who was that annoying Steeler fan next to you?? :D;)

Newsflash, Tommy Maddox is better than Big Ben. They won because of thier running game, not because of Ben Rothwhatever.

339039[/snapback]

Disagree...Big Ben avoided the costly mistakes that Maddox made in the

ball games. Those mistakes cost the game for the steelers in previous seasons.

It was almost the same teamt hat was 5-11 with Maddox as the starter

and 15-1 with Big Ben....The RB on both those teams was Bettis....Duce

started last year but was derailed with injury and the play of Bettis.

I think an often overlooked aspect of that game was just how long our Defense was on the field in the first and second QTRs.  It was absolutely pathetic...any time they looked like they'd get a rest, our special teams or offense would screw up and send the defense right back out there.

339128[/snapback]

The Time of Possession at the beginning of the 4th quarter was almost the

same for both the teams...Which means both teams offense was on the

field in the 1st 3 qtrs for exactly the same amout of time.