Bills thru hardest stretch of schedule what needs to happen to secure homefield

CorkScrewHill

I posted in another thread that given that the Bills have 1 loss at this point in the season, the loss to the Dolphins is the "best" game for them to have lost.  They needed to beat the Rams.  It was the league opener, prime time, against the defending Super Bowl champs.  It set the tone for the season.  They only get to play the Chiefs, Ravens, and Titans once, so beating those fellow AFC contenders was critical, as each win amounts to a 2-game lead over those teams.  They will have a 2nd shot at Miami, in which they can negate the first loss.  Plus, the way things have shaken out, Miami now has 3 losses, so despite beating the Bills, the Bills have a 2 game lead on them which will be difficult for Miami to close.  At home, with a healthy Tua and no heat issues, they beat a mediocre (at best) Steelers team by 6.  The Bills dispached that same team by 35, sitting all of their starters for the 4th quarter.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This team is 5-1 with road wins against 2 division leading teams and another dominant home win over another who hasn't lost a game since.

And while my gut feeling tells me they aren't going 16-1 or or 15-2, something would have to go seriously wrong for them to hit a midseason funk like last year and render the KC win useless in terms of tiebreakers.

I think 14-3 is probably were they finish and need to finish to ensure they get homefield because I don't see KC losing much either the rest of the way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.