How Bout a Little Love for Leslie !!

T master

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Maybe for some. I have moved on. Yeah, it’s still out there, but life is too short for me to dwell on negative things from the past. Onward!!! 

Preach!  So sick of this being brought up by every miserable fan who wants to rain on the parade.

Sad sack refrain #1:  Remember The Jags!

Sad sack refrain #2:  13 Seconds!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s been amazing.  The perfect DC tbh-  no one wants to hire him as a HC which really helps with our continuity.  I have lots of love for Leslie.  

I'm not sure I agree with this.

Every season there seems to be a team that's in need of a calm and steady voice in the HC position. The last 2 years Houston comes to mind. After having Bill O'brein they needed an "opposite" to help reset the culture. Hiring Culley was what that was supposed to help but it didn't workout that way. IIRC, Leslie was even a finalist for this job and withdrew his name. Enter Lovie Smith. Caretaker coach to help reset the baseline until they can build a better roster. 

Problem with this is that I believe it would take a much better situation for Frazier to sign on. Getting up there in age and having one failed stint as a HC gives him at most one more shot. I don't see him wanting to leave this Bills team for just any opportunity. 

I know this is going to rile 'some of you', but I don't understand why 'some of you' feel that Leslie is the reason for the defensive failure during the 13 seconds. How I see it: I recall McDermott admitting to taking over calling the defense when he felt a different approach was needed. I don't know how often he has done so. I remember, along with many others, yelling NO PREVENT DEFENSE during the 13 seconds. McDermott was there during the 13 seconds. Wouldn't that have been the perfect time for him to assume control? This was much more than a regular season game. Why didn't he do it? I can only think of two possibilities: 1-he supported the call; 2-he made the call. In either scenario, the final decision was his. Am I looking at this the wrong way? At any rate, it's time to move on from it. I never blamed Leslie, I think he is a great DC.

Edited by Stampede

3 hours ago, Stampede said:

I know this is going to rile 'some of you', but I don't understand why 'some of you' feel that Leslie is the reason for the defensive failure during the 13 seconds. How I see it: I recall McDermott admitting to taking over calling the defense when he felt a different approach was needed. I don't know how often he has done so. I remember, along with many others, yelling NO PREVENT DEFENSE during the 13 seconds. McDermott was there during the 13 seconds. Wouldn't that have been the perfect time for him to assume control? This was much more than a regular season game. Why didn't he do it? I can only think of two possibilities: 1-he supported the call; 2-he made the call. In either scenario, the final decision was his. Am I looking at this the wrong way? At any rate, it's time to move on from it. I never blamed Leslie, I think he is a great DC.

I don't think it was the play calls.  I think it was the players.  

11 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I am glad he is sticking around lurking in the weeds. You all got it wrong. That 13 seconds is what is going to get this team over the hump. They were not ready last year.

Im not so sure about that ... I will go to my grave thinking they would have won the Championship if they got past the Chiefs...

But.. lets hope they can get it done this time around... Im quietly confident...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.