(OT) Trukin' to Buffalo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it to the Colonel to keep you updated for all your Dead fixes. :D I didn't go to this show, but did make it to the RFK run.

338924[/snapback]

I missed that RFK run but I did see the Who there that summer (for free, in the days before Congressional staffers and interns were prohibited from accepting gifts from lobbyists :flirt:). I think they played RFK only a few days apart.

Last Friday I was in DC on bidness and saw the Cubs-Nats game at RFK. It was the first time I'd been there since seeing the Who. Place hasn't changed at ALL.

I'm also thinkin Jerry was in red that day?

338931[/snapback]

Jerry wore a red shirt? Did he even own a red shirt?

We used to discuss whether Jerry had a houseful of blue shirts or whether he wore the same one every night. :D

Jerry wore a red shirt? Did he even own a red shirt?

"Trouble ahead when Jerry's in red!"

He'd bust out a red shirt on the rare occasion and I have some recollection of seeing him in red at one of the July4 shows at Rich.

However I don't dismiss out of hand the possibility that my imagination was excessively "vivid" that day.

Cya

"Trouble ahead when Jerry's in red!"

He'd bust out a red shirt on the rare occasion and I have some recollection of seeing him in red at one of the July4 shows at Rich.

However I don't dismiss out of hand the possibility that my imagination was excessively "vivid" that day.

Cya

338949[/snapback]

Wasn't this also one those shows where it started raining during "Looks Like Rain".

Wasn't this also one those shows where it started raining during "Looks Like Rain".

338980[/snapback]

I thought it ALWAYS rains during Looks Like Rain. It seems like it's a cosmic happening when you're there, of course, but why would they play that if it wasn't raining or didn't look like it was going to? :D

I thought it ALWAYS rains during Looks Like Rain.  It seems like it's a cosmic happening when you're there, of course, but why would they play that if it wasn't raining or didn't look like it was going to?  :D

338990[/snapback]

Yeah, I know I was being sarcastic. But I wont lie it took me a while before I realized we were being played.

Yes he owned one. I saw him break it out in Charlotte, NC....one day after they broke out Unbroken Chain :D  ;)  :lol:

339006[/snapback]

My final Dead run. However they actually broke out Unbroken a few nights before in Philly first.

My final Dead run.  However they actually broke out Unbroken a few nights before in Philly first.

339021[/snapback]

Thanks for the correction, I kept thinking that couldn't have been the first breakout. I just couldn't remember. It was tight none the less, although the sign that things were coming to an end had started. :D

Thanks for the correction, I kept thinking that couldn't have been the first breakout. I just couldn't remember. It was tight none the less, although the sign that things were coming to an end had started. :D

339038[/snapback]

At the time I think everyone in the place thought it was the first. In fact it was years later that I learned it wasn't, which I very disapointed in finding out.