Please don't have refs play a role on Sunday

Billsfan1972

I sure as hell hope they do to an extent. The Chiefs defense relies on heavy blitzing that wants to get to you before you get to us. The Chiefs won the AFC Championship by mugging Bills WR's and them letting it go. I don't want that because the Bills tend to play a more passive style of defense which gives the Chiefs an edge. I want the refs to call the penalties as they see it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

The worst I can remember lately was in the AFCCG against the Chiefs where they were committing illegal contact or DPI versus our WRs almost every play but rarely getting called for it Legion of Boom style...that was their philosophy.  Be rough and handsy with the receivers from the get go and you'll get your flags in the beginning but you are daring the refs to call penalties the whole game and most won't do it...so eventually by the midway point of the game you are getting away with murder almost.

I hate to say it but once you prove you are a good team, the refs start giving you the benefit of the doubt far more often than not. Bills have reached that level of respect now. We see other teams having the questionable calls go against them instead of the way they used to always go against us.

100% agree. 

Sure, it's inevitable we'll have some bad calls against us, but even the best teams get that (like the Chiefs last week with that awful roughing the passer call against them). 

And if they're going for the handsy, illegal contact stuff against the Chiefs this week, I hope they put it to good use against Kelce. He alone can make it a long day for the defense if they don't make it hard on him from the onset.

Prophetic???

Seems every close game can be picked part like this.  Is it because we are Bills fans?  

But they did try......  I know the offensive pass interference on Kelse was ticky-tack, but the calls on the the Bills secondary seemed just stupid (phantom calls).

KC got 3 first downs by penalty (and few others were either negated or KC got the first down). 

The non-tripping penalty was blatant, and even Jones knew what he did (as his celebration was subdued).

Thankfully no RTP. 

Wonder what a KC fan saw?

I guess since the "good" guys😉 won, all is okay.

Edited by Billsfan1972

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.