Goodell hints at a 4 team European Division for the NFL in the near future...and wasn't joking.

Big Turk

There was an Estonian shot putter, Margus Hunt, who played for nine seasons in the NFL just a couple of years ago. Also several kickers. 

The biggest turn-off for people who are not used to football is that that the play is blown dead constantly. They play for a few seconds, then nothing for half a minute, then a few seconds of play again. It takes time getting used to that. Also, learning the rules takes quite a while. All the commercial breaks don’t help either. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/8/2022 at 11:53 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

With the ease of travel (8 hours on a private jet where they can eat or sleep) it’s not that big of a deal anymore IMO. There will be difficulties, like getting players to actually want to sign with those teams. But if they have some inter-division games over there where they don’t have to travel to the states, I can see it working. 

If it's 1st class, then yes. I often fly across the Pacific in passenger class. I'm 6'4" and275 lb. By the time the plane lands in Korea or Japan, I can't wait to get out of there. I'm guessing these guys will be travelling in style. I heard 1 team even had a chef onboard for flights. I don't know if that's true though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.