OT: Star Wars EP3

kota

It must suck to have a spouse that doesn't understand the vital importance of the weekly Bills game.

The total cost of my going to the bar to watch is vacuuming, laundry, breakfast and cleaning the bathrooms. I consider it a small price to pay for 3 hours of uninterrupted footbal and beer.

337508[/snapback]

Damn skippy! The wife knows that if she's planning on going anywhere in the fall, travel plans need to include me being in front of a TV on Sunday.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so! if one performs the requisite tasks around the house, one should be able to enjoy a beverage or two while watching the Bills game with friends.

I would NEVER be able to watch the games at home anyway and have ended up saving money by going out to the bar. Not to mention I've met a large group of local Bills fans.

337503[/snapback]

True. I cut a deal that I could go to a sportsbar to see every game, but I had to leave as soon as it was over. I know, that must sound weak. :lol:

Then, she got me DTV and the Ticket for a birthday present. She is fine with me having people over and will even stay if she's in the mood or not working.

I cant complain. Between the Ticket and my annual trip, it is not cheap. It's just that when I was a single guy partying all over Manhattan, I didn't visualize myself being such a wuss. :D

If you work for DTV, then tell me how I can activate my Audio 2 input on the direct TV reciever. I am going into the DTV reciever from the XBOX on video/audio 2, and from the reciever to the surround sound box using audio/video 1. The video works fine, I fiugured out that you activate video 2 by turning the power off to the DTV box, but no audio. I also have a plasma monitor which has no tuner, so it's not a matter of changing the setup on that. Any suggestions?

Damn skippy! The wife knows that if she's planning on going anywhere in the fall, travel plans need to include me being in front of a TV on Sunday.

337516[/snapback]

Mine agreed with me when I said I was ditching the dish. It was just too damned expensive on a month-to-month basis.

So marry someone who likes football.  :lol:

337514[/snapback]

She like football to a point, and is a long converted Bills fan.

Sometimes I can get her to watch a game, but she says I "make her nervous" when the Bills are on. :D

I guess I get into it a little too much. :)

She like football to a point, and is a long converted Bills fan.

Sometimes I can get her to watch a game, but she says I "make her nervous" when the Bills are on.  :D

I guess I get into it a little too much.  :lol:

337532[/snapback]

My wife's the same way, she says she can't be in the same room with me when the Bills are on.

Soon they price themselves so high it'll be cheaper to just go to the Sports Bars again.

337494[/snapback]

I hope not. I like being able to watch the games without the putrid smell of cigarette smoke all around me.

I have the Ticket on automatic renewal, so I don't have to worry about submitting my order in before any deadline.

My wife's the same way, she says she can't be in the same room with me when the Bills are on.

337539[/snapback]

This is a great thread!

My oldest daughter (a college junior) is extremely bright, and has little interest in sports. She watched the game with me in which Big Sam scored a touchdown and started dancing.

Now, she is a Sam Adams fan and wears a Bills shirt in New England. She still talks about that dance every once in a while. She just couldn't believe it.

Since your a Directv Employee, Answer me this. Why is Directv Raping cutomers on NFL Sunday Ticket? It was going to cost me $319 to watch the ticket in HD this year. I cancelled and went back to cable.

337479[/snapback]

I dunno I get it for free. Even still 300 dollars is cheap. You would spend more then that going to one game.

If you work for DTV, then tell me how I can activate my Audio 2 input on the direct TV reciever. I am going into the DTV reciever from the XBOX on video/audio 2, and from the reciever to the surround sound box using audio/video 1. The video works fine, I fiugured out that you activate video 2 by turning the power off to the DTV box, but no audio. I also have a plasma monitor which has no tuner, so it's not a matter of changing the setup on that. Any suggestions?

337522[/snapback]

I am not an installer. I work for their IT department at the HQ in Los Angeles.

I just want to gloat and say that since i am a Directv employee i get to see a early showing of EP3 tonight at Fox Studios.

337457[/snapback]

Should be on the internet by the end of the week, if isn't up already. :D

Superfan is a $99 upgrade. They are making a huge mistake (IMHO). The marketing people will learn. You're charging loyal customers who got HD for free last year almost 100 bucks more. DTV should have at least grandfathered them in. We'll see if the bean counters made the right decision or not. I hope DTV has their call centers ready, 'cause they're (again, IMHO) in for a surprise.

I hope not.  I like being able to watch the games without the putrid smell of cigarette smoke all around me. 

337544[/snapback]

Sounds like you need to move to a more...uh...enlightened state. I know the smokers don't like it, but to me (a non-smoker), smoking bans are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I watch the games at a sports bar...its definitely more expensive than paying for directv, because i spend ~$40-50 per game, but it is fun watching with other people.

I just want to gloat and say that since i am a Directv employee i get to see a early showing of EP3 tonight at Fox Studios.

337457[/snapback]

well la-dee-frikkin-da, aren't we just special :D

too bad they didn't save you a ton on your car insurance :lol: